bulb holder wiring, the aga continues.....

Aimez

okay following my side repeators thread, the ebay seller sent me this in the post to adapt the side repeators. As said I'm no good with electrics but if some one could explain how i fit this to the wiring from the car I'd be very grateful!
If someone explains how do do something I'm usually pretty good at being able to do it myslef

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0055.jpg

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
ok,

1 cut the brown wire, strip the insulation off of the end (10mm) and twist the copper strands together to make them firm and as one

2 push wire through large rubber waterproof gland

3 place one of the red spade connectors onto the stripped wire and crush it with a pair of plyers (a crimping tool would be best)

4 then the red spade connector pushes onto the black bulb holders brass leg

5 then repeat the proses for the green wire

don't worry about getting the wires the wrong way round on the new bulb holder as it makes no difference

BTW, SCN now has your fingerprints on record heehee

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
CIMG0055.jpg

aimez,is this the one on the car?
i thought you had the bigger bulbs on your car ?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
weird.
they are side light,push in type bulbs yes?not seen anything any smaller personally,get the drill out mate ;)
btw you could do with a manicure dharling :p

Aimez

well thats what i was gonna do after you sugested it except use a file as im worried id crack the casing by drilling .Well il have a look again sometime, been fitting other stuff instead today.
I love the way you say 'get the drill out mate' then 'oh you need a manicure' everytime i break my nails its usually cos I'm doing something to the car!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
try a hot knife to cut it.abs placcy is very soft,and won't crack or split afterwards.
just don't use your best steak knives

Aimez

oh god what a fun day,
i did the wiring for one as nathan said above, but the wire on the other side was so short i nearly lost the bulb in the wing so i had nothing to work with! So i cut a hole in the back of the lens bigger and siliconed and taped the bulb in how tacky! Ther wasnt enough working room to use tha huge rubber grommet on the side i did change so i used lots of electrical tape.
I also finished my other brake calipers and fitted chrome grill kit and half of the chrome vent surrounds!
I hate the car now!
They look grey in this pic cos of the flash in the dark garage but they are dark black. By the way Guinnes if you want clear ones you can buy ones they fit straight in i was just being difficult!
CIMG0057.jpg

Last edited: