Bumpers/Skirting, extensions?

scottg13

Has anyone got or had the bumper extensions you can get for a mark 2 Tolly? Seen a few on various site and was wondering if anyone would recommend them. They do look pretty close to the floor suggesting could have probs with speed bumps etc. When they are on do they actually look like part of the original bumper, is it a simple fit or do they need filling or blending.

Some advice on bumpers etc would be much appreciated, or suggestions on different styles and places to get them. Pics would be nice. Thanks

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
do you mean a splitter?

like the ones at the bottom of the leon cupra R bumper....

i think you can get ones that stick on to the standard bumpers from MSdesign......
IMO they look a bit Max power.....why not change the bumper totally....

scottg13

Hey Sam. What front bumper is that on your old Tolly?

Just not sure if i like the original front bumper. Its just all the black plastic on it i dont like. Even if i get it colour coded it wouldnt look right because of the type of plastic it is.

Mine is same colour as your old one just dont look as nice a yours yet. What size wheels did you have on that??

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Hey Sam. What front bumper is that on your old Tolly?

Just not sure if i like the original front bumper. Its just all the black plastic on it i dont like. Even if i get it colour coded it wouldnt look right because of the type of plastic it is.

Mine is same colour as your old one just dont look as nice a yours yet. What size wheels did you have on that??

cheers mate....
the front on mine was a facelift cupra bumper (the original cupra bumper was the same as the tolly anyway)...the black plastic really let it down...Seat did body colour the newer models.........54 plate deffo......i did colour colde my rear just before i sold her, it did look ok but you are right, it wasnt excellent....

the wheels were 17" Oz superleggeras (225/45/17 tyres) handled lovely...was lowered with uprated bushes all round....
i loved that car!!!

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I would agree the Cupra front bumper with the R splitter looks a pretty decent upgrade on the Tolly. The rear is more difficult and I think mines is standard with colour coded plastic strip. Was all done before I bought the car so cant be of much more help im afraid other than to recommend the above. It suits the car and fits well. There is another member (Nak i think) who has a more aggresive style bumper and skirts that may be more to your taste.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I would agree the Cupra front bumper with the R splitter looks a pretty decent upgrade on the Tolly. The rear is more difficult and I think mines is standard with colour coded plastic strip. Was all done before I bought the car so cant be of much more help im afraid other than to recommend the above. It suits the car and fits well. There is another member (Nak i think) who has a more aggresive style bumper and skirts that may be more to your taste.

one thing i would add to the above.....
i too body coloured my rear bumper but..........a word of caution.........it may not turn out how you want it too.....i am not sure what was done to Kewe car before he got it...did chat with the previous owner...but on mine no smoothing was performed and just before i sold it the paint had started to peel away......make dead sure you go to a place that will do a really good job but be prepared for it to possible not work....:shrug:

nak

May 13, 2006
Hi all, number of kits out there for a Tolly mk 2, although some makers out there, have started phazing some out, due to new model in now, totally agree with Sam, once you've decided what kit you want, comes down to the guys who are fitting it and preparing up for spraying and how much work is required, some kits fit better than others, so this will all go down to the final price, obviously if using original parts i.e cupra front bumper and side skirts this option will be cheaper, but if your thinking of fibre glass, price will start to climb, although you can pick up a full kit for a good price.
Word of advice, must go to someone who has experience in fitting bodykits, normally recommended by a person who has had a bodykit already fitted and is still pleased with the job after six months or more, as for Sam's case where the paint had started to peel, this is because they did not treat the plastic surface with a proper bonding agent, before they painted up.

dan83

Does anyone know any garages that will supply and fit the Leon Cupra kit to my Toledo - in South Wales? Or is it going to be much cheaper to do myself?

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Talking of sideskirts, a passenger got out my car yesterday and booted my sideskirt so hard that it now doesn't run straight along the sill. I think it's only held with screws at either end but have no idea how to get it back on straight. [:@]

nak

May 13, 2006
Don't you just hate it when something like that happens, normally screws on either end and a special bonding glue that runs along the skirts, might have to get it bonded again, best doing it as soon as possible, if someone catches it again, might take the side skirt away from the sill abit more.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Yeah, dont think mines are bonded in any way, just held on with the screws. Strangely enough though, I had planned to have a look at the damage this weekend and low and behold, the thing has sorted itself back into its proper place :confused:

nak

May 13, 2006
Yeah, dont think mines are bonded in any way, just held on with the screws. Strangely enough though, I had planned to have a look at the damage this weekend and low and behold, the thing has sorted itself back into its proper place :confused:

Hmmmmmmm repaired itself, spooky so what's your car called CHRISTIE :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.