Buying 2012MY 2.0TDi CR Exeo ST Sport Tech

DWaldie

Aug 21, 2012
Sport Tech comes with Headlight washers as it's got Bi-Xenons, so not sure if it has Heated Nozzles, does anybody know this?

BUT it doesn't come with heated seats which I feel it really misses considering the nice spec it comes with as standard.

I also think the Solar Sunroof is a brilliant idea, mine doesn't have that.

Ref Wndscreen, was it this facelift that saw the thicker windscreen and windows? or was this an upgrade from the beginning over the Audi B7?

Mine is pre-facelift and it has the thicker screen.

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Mine is pre-facelift and it has the thicker screen.

Ah that's cool :)

The more I think about the Exeo the more happy I am about my decision.

People can be brand snobs all they like but the truth of the fact is, we must be the smart guys surely?

I REALLYYYY Cannot wait!!!!

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
It's a good car, I love mine, only regret is i should of tried to get a 170 sport tech, as I miss having Xenon's and even though the 143ps is actually quite nippy, would prefer more, If i could swap mine for another 12 plate i would :)

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
I've never had Xenons just halogen projector lights so will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes to night vision for myself.

Have to say the 170 does feel pretty quick, it certainly pulls when you stick you foot to the floor.

Have you ever thought of a Tuning Box or Revo Remap?

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah I've been considering a remap once the cars warranty ends and probably some lowering springs as it sits quite high up.
But id still like to swap it if i could :)

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Wow, picked up the Exeo today!

Me and Jess are both very very impressed! Obv it's only done a few thousand miles so it's all like brand new!

It's really comfy, the ride IS firm being the Sport model (equivalent to A4 S-Line) but it's not back breaking, it's not harsh, you just get a more direct feeling which is really nice.

The Speed sensitive steering is the best I've had yet, had that in the 207GTi I had but it felt very disconnected where as the Exeo gives you a more realistic feeling.

I drove an A4 S-Line 08 model, so the generation after the Exeo, it feels the same to drive. Obviously the interior is different but the weight, handling, ride, comfort etc feels exactly the same.

Found a few tricks such as holding onto AUTO on the drivers side for 2 secs then lets you change both temps at the same time on the Climate control if it's just you in the car.

The biggest most impressive thing, that makes a big difference for us is the Bi-Xenons. I am never having another car without them. Plus the DRLs stay on all the time in Auto Mode so from the front it looks like a Transformer :)

Annoying thing about it, the front arm rest. It goes over the handbrake, so it's just all awkard, so in stop start in towns with hills etc, it's best to just push the arm rest out of the way then on long runs, keep it down....apart from that, so far...very very impressed.

Jess drove it for the first time (she'll be using it everyday to commute as I work from home) and I don't think I'm ever going to get to drive it again!!!

Troll

Enjoy yr new Exeo they certainly are very nice and get looked at a lot on the road as they arn't that common esp the new facelift ones.

I have a 170 psorts Tech ST in white, I got it in April (new), and have just turned over 19,000 miles in it !! No problems at all with the car in this time and I still love driving it even sitting on the M4 every day !

I had a pr of tyres on the front a few weeks ago (17,800 miles), and its booked in for its first service @ Seat Swindon in just over a week.

I also got a proper tow bar installed during the summer to tow our caravan, it did the job effortlessly better than our Disco really, I didn't know the caravan was on the back and its not light at 1400kgs. I had to keep checking the speedo!!

Has anyone noticed the little flip down plastic above te rear view mirror to block the sun out... clever !!

enjoy,

Mark

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks it's a week today we've had it and it's amazing, the missus uses it to go to work in everyday as I work from home and nearly every night I've made some excuse just so I can go out for a drive and mess about with it :D

There's not one thing I dislike about it apart from the arm rest in the front is in a wierd position but apart from that we're both in love!

I'm glad you're enjoying yours also!

Not had many people look but tbh I've only driven the thing in the dark lolol seagul poo on it yesterday so took it to give a rinse off at a jet wash in the dark hahaha

Flip down plastic thing?? Will have a look!

Last edited:

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
Welcome to the elite club of Exeo ownership! Very jealous. Mine doesn't have half the trimmings of yours - it's a 143 Sport - but I wish I'd hung on for a Tech with winter pack,etc. At four years and 60k (30k with me), the only things to go wrong are a couple of bulbs and a puncture, none of which are the car's fault. They're good, solid things with a bit of understated dash to them - but they're not especially good in winter on the 18s. On salted roads the ride's not brilliant and I find it hard to justify the expense of winter tyres, even in Wakefield! I accept others further North may disagree. Otherwise, one of the nicest cars I've bought with my own money. The next thing is a re-map but there's no point doing that for a few months yet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members