Buying advice 2.0 190 TSI

Aug 11, 2020
Hi all,

I was looking at a facelift Leon FR 1.4 150 DSG with the Convenience Pack but that seems to be difficult to find and have now been looking at a Leon FR 2.0 190 TSI DSG as the mpg difference isn't quite far off (45.4 vs 41.2 mpg according to Honest John) and have seen a 68 reg (Jan 2019) one with 28.4k miles for £14.7k from Evans Halshaw and was wondering is the mileage quite high for its age (untaxed in June)?

Also, I had a look at the FR Sport 68 reg with 20k miles for £16.8k with that having the 18" performance alloys, leather heated seats (winter pack) and the digital cockpit but don't think I can justify the £2k difference, what do you guys think?

Aug 11, 2020
If you go for the cheaper options you will forever regret if afterwards....
The digital cockpit on the FR Sport is nice but prefer cloth than leather seats as the leather sags and wrinkles after time.

I did read the 2.0 TSI 190 DSG thread that you got a 11 month old FR Sport with less than 5k miles for £16k in December but looking on Autotrader and SEAT's website, the current market for a FR Sport is around £16-16.5k with 18-20k miles so you got a heck of a deal, do you know the best time to buy a car is? As I would of thought car prices would drop with what's going on at the moment.

Steve Caney

Dec 8, 2019
The only part of mine that is saggy and wrinkly is me.... I think dealerships are pricing up to try and recoup losses, I suspect when you try and negotiate you may get a good deal.

My tip for getting a good deal is let them know you have alternatives to their car.
I got my deal from a local dealership by asking them to match the price of a car 150 miles away which was identical to theirs.
They did... It was slow in December and they knocked 1500 off the asking price and gave me a decent trade in too.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
"As I would of thought car prices would drop with what's going on at the moment."

Nope, quite the opposite. There's a huge shortage of used cars at the moment, new car sales have tanked and the knock on is there are very few tradeins to supply the dealer market. Trade prices are very high so might be worth waiting or getting a 'bargain' new one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.