Buying MKII Leon

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Buying MKII Leon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go out with my Daughter on Saturday and get a Leon for her (she must be impressed with my Toledo !

Anyway, the Choice is :

1.6 Stylance with 23K on Clock

1.9TDI Reference with 44K on Clock

I know what I'd go for is the TDI's !!!!! (although both are 103BHP thats more that the 1.6 Petrol at 100BHP) but are they worth the extra £1000 ?????? especially as 44K is "baby" mileage for a TDI (23K on a petrol will be getting it's pension soon)

Anyway, guys what is the difference between a Reference & a Stylance ?

Anything to lok for on any of the cars as being a problem (there is a years warranty)

Paul

Poverty

Buying MKII Leon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go out with my Daughter on Saturday and get a Leon for her (she must be impressed with my Toledo !

Anyway, the Choice is :

1.6 Stylance with 23K on Clock

1.9TDI Reference with 44K on Clock

I know what I'd go for is the TDI's !!!!! (although both are 103BHP thats more that the 1.6 Petrol at 100BHP) but are they worth the extra £1000 ?????? especially as 44K is "baby" mileage for a TDI (23K on a petrol will be getting it's pension soon)

Anyway, guys what is the difference between a Reference & a Stylance ?

Anything to lok for on any of the cars as being a problem (there is a years warranty)

Paul

The reference is the base spec model. The stylance comes with more standard fit stuff. How much mileage does she do?

Poverty

not a massive saving to be had over the petrol model fuel costs wise then. The petrol has less things to go wrong on it, but I think the diesel will be easier to sell on in the future.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Stylance 'should' have alloys, duel zone climate control, cruise control, rear electric windows, electric folding mirrors, front fog lights, 2 more speakers? and 2 more air bags? over the Reference, depending on the exact model year.

Common things seem to be the wiring for the side airbags (located under the front seats) and the drivers door control unit which can lead to the alarm going off...

I've had both of the above plus a new drivers door window switch, software update on the ecu, rear suspension drop links and a new interior light.

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The better spec 1.6 sounds the better buy. I had an Audi A3 with the 1.6 petrol engine and although not very quick it is ok as engines go and once run in decent progress could be made. Being a light engine it made the car light on it toes and sharper to trun in than the heavier 1.9TDi. The best bet is to give both a test drive and see what you think my 1.6 use to avg 36 mpg.

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
seems the candidate is going to be a 2.0 litre FSI STYLANCE does anyone know what BHP this is ? Is it a 16V DOHC? Also what size rims/tyres is to be expected on this?
Thanks
Paul

Poverty

seems the candidate is going to be a 2.0 litre FSI STYLANCE does anyone know what BHP this is ? Is it a 16V DOHC? Also what size rims/tyres is to be expected on this?
Thanks
Paul

about 150hp. Think it should have 16 or 17 inch alloys. It is a 16v.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise