Cabin/Pollen filter position?

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all,
I got some bad smell from airconditioning so I used some Polish biocide can for odor removing.
I got advice to change cabin filter but I was unable to locate it. Google didn't help, YT either.
Does anyone know?
(ibiza 2018, no multimedia box in glove box)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Look on the Mann website, that pdf should be for the new Ibiza, the new Leon is different slightly.

Edit:- the time quoted for changing the new Ibiza pollen filter is 6 minutes, to do that same job on a MK3 Leon is quoted as being 15 minutes.

Another Edit:- the Leon pdf is very similar, but not exactly the same as new Ibiza - so is this "fitting guide" wrong?

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
Sorry, I missed to answer.
Mann filter manual is wrong for New Ibiza. It might be correct for older version.
I exchanged filter. Took Febi one. You need a bit of force to remove glove box from side rails. After that, it was easy to push down two tabs to remove filter cover, get filter out and do evernything in reverse with new filter.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: mopsi

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Hello bmibmc, can you post how did you clean your AC?

Did you used some spray for it? What was the specific procedure? and which product did you used for it?

I have the same problem, and i am looking for some biocide spray.

Thanks

bmibmc

Apr 17, 2019
Hi Misho, I can't recall brand of the spray I've used. It's one you activate and leave car and AC on for 15 minutes kind. Sorry :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.