• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Oct 12, 2005
1,013
0
Just thought I would let you guys know that my drivers side seat sport caliper has been flaking off. My local dealer didnt want to know so I took it to another dealer a bit further away who have always been very good and they are replacing the flaking caliper. The other one is fine. I was shocked at how quickly they decided to replace it. Just shows that it can be done:D
 
crazy how one dealer differs so much from another, corruption.com!!!

my dealer is horrific with courtesy cars, one minute it's available, then you turn up to drop the car off and poff, no courtesy car
 
yer if u know a decent dealer than its good but some of them are right con men has to be said. Just glad I have a decent one quite close lol
 
The first dealer might actually be telling the truth, I've worked for 3 manufacturers (none VAG) and none would cover anything other than actual painted panels and alloys.

The new dealer might be doing it on the sly and might be claiming for a "seized" caliper.
 
^^^^^^yup, and if they do that twice and give them a nice coat of red paint............................ebay look out, bids galore :D
 
Chances are SEAT would ask for them back! They probably have an exchange program with AP for genuine seized calipers.