Cam Belt Changed today, very pleased!

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
hey guys,
had my cambelt and water pump changed today at Cambelt King in Rayleigh Essex. And i must say I am well pleased with the service i received.
I dropped my LCR off at 08:50 this morning and got a call at 16:00 to say it was all ready to pick up. Turned up and my car was parked outside ready and waiting. Went in to settle the bill and was seen by the owner (must say, very nice chap) and was told the total for all work including labour was £348, they give you 2 years warrently on their work on the provisor that you got back every 6 months for those 2 years to have a visual check done on the belt.
I was given my keys along with a video tape (which recorded all work the mechanic done on the car through its time in the garage)
They even let you use one of their loan cars, which for a private garage around my area is very rare indeed.

Must say I am very impressed and would recomment them to anyone in the area.

Regards
Deano:D:D:D

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
yeah they have a camera pointing down over the bay where your car is, so if you want to you can watch the footage back and make sure they actually done what they said they have.
I had the place recommended to me by a friend, and i'm well chuffed !!!!!

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
My local stealer wanted 267 just to change the cambelt. Took it to the local garage, and off the top of my head i think it was 198.50. But i did get army discount on the labour

Bananaman

Mate. I recently paid £335 for the cambelt, tensioner and pump - and I thought that was a *very* fair price, compared to Seat's quote of £459!

£ 200 is a steal, especially seeing as labour seems to be £40+VAT minumum these days and it's a 4 hour job....?!?

Bananaman

In that case, you got a bargain, matey - and having had 2 brothers and many mates as squaddies, then I take my hat off to your mechs for their loyalty to you guys....

:lol:

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Cheers mate. I think the garage is sick of me now tho, Had fuel filter and rear disks and pads last week. And now booked in for MOT and front disks and pads for 3 weeks time

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
200 pounds sounds like a steal.
as per previous reply,
This price is not for a service, just the cambelt and waterpump change, and yes it is the full kit. Plus 2 years warrently as said above. Overall i'm really pleased with their work and would recommend them.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I know its been said but £200 is ridiculously cheap - It cant have included genuine parts. I had mine done Saturday, and I bought the cambelt change kit from VW, which was ~£160, waterpump was ~£80 plus ~£12 worth of coolant. There was a £47 surcharge on a px waterpump though. So all in that is £200 just for the genuine parts

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
And I've just realised that VW effectively gave me more money back for my old waterpump than I gave them for the new one!! wtf! :ban:

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
i got the full timing belt kit (belt, tensioner, rollers and bolts) and a water pump for £130. local mechanic charged £80 to put it in. a total of £210, i was well chuffed that day:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.