Cam belt

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I've had my Leon Cupra 20vt for a few months now and have just been looking at my service records etc. I'm at 72k and was thinking about the cam belt being changed and when it would've been done already. I have no records of it being done but the car has been serviced at 10k, 20k, 35k, 45k, 60k and 70k ALL by Seat. They would've done it at least twice wouldn't they!!? Had some pretty steep bills in my records once of which includes the water pump being changed and tensioners totalling £375. Being Seat and common sence, the cam belt would've been done then too right. . .

If I called Seat would they have on record what's been done on my car?

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
would have been done at either 60k or 4yrs which ever came first.
yes they should be able to assist as the receipts are computer printed and so holds list of work done.
for that price i reckon it probably was, but you never can tell...

if unsure, get it done along with water pump that has metal impellars.

Johnny Hotrod

Nov 30, 2006
North Yorks
I've had my Leon Cupra 20vt for a few months now and have just been looking at my service records etc. I'm at 72k and was thinking about the cam belt being changed and when it would've been done already. I have no records of it being done but the car has been serviced at 10k, 20k, 35k, 45k, 60k and 70k ALL by Seat. They would've done it at least twice wouldn't they!!? Had some pretty steep bills in my records once of which includes the water pump being changed and tensioners totalling £375. Being Seat and common sence, the cam belt would've been done then too right. . .

If I called Seat would they have on record what's been done on my car?

If they changed the water pump & tensioners then surely they would not have put an old cambelt back on? Best bet would be to contact the garage that did the work they should have it on record & be able to tell you. Bit surprised its not stated on the receipt though.

I have a 2003 Leon Cupra & the service book states cambelt to be changed at 120000 miles but to check at 60k, 80k & 100k. That said i certainly wouldnt leave a cambelt for 120000 miles!

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
yeah i have an 2002 and same it says just to get it checked at certain intervals. I'll call up in the morning then see what's what. thanks.