Camping at Brands Convoy Time

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
For the people that are camping , just to let you know we will be leaving Uttoxeter on Saturday at 10am, hopefully hitting the M1 at 10.30 - 10.45, then heading down to Brands.

Hopefully catch up with Lee and Mart on the way down.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Yep, coming along the A50, do you want to meet at the Shell Garage just before you get on the M1 say about 10.30 am ?

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
I will join in at Watford Gap services on the M1.

I supose that you will be getting there 11ish, so I will be there easily by then.

I take it you are going M1, M25?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
£15 pp ! facilities are basic, Toilets and Sinks, but good fun though !

Mart posted up:

Its not looking too bad for Brands Hatch weekend. After this week its going to warm up again. At least as far as this forcast is concerned. Time will tell

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|UK|UK160|Kent&metric=1
(link not working, but http://www.accuweather.com/ then search world weather Kent and you get a 15 day forcast)

Last edited:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Saturday, Mar 31More Details Chilly with sunny periods. Winds from the NE at 30 km/h.Realfeel®: 1 °CHigh: 7 °C

Saturday Night, Mar 31More Details Plenty of cloud. Winds from the NE at 22 km/h.Realfeel®: 1 °CLow: 7 °C

Sunday Apr 1More Details Cloudy and turning warmer. Winds from the ENE at 24 km/h.Realfeel®: 7 °CHigh: 11 °C

Sunday Night, Apr 1More Details Overcast. Winds from the NE at 19 km/h.Realfeel®: 3 °CLow: 7 °C

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Sounds reasonable, and thanks for putting the data up as I couldn't access the link for some reason.

Might be a bit of a crack and beats getting up and driving at 6am.

I did try and book a travel lodge / holiday inn express but they were all long gone even 2 weeks ago.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
the motorsport institutions of Great Britain aren't happy unless they're @r$e f~ck1ng money out of you. If they're not careful they will begin to alienate people.

I'm not badly off and I smart at how much they charge for the type of facilities on offer when you consider the entrance fee, then a seat costs more, then a tent pitch for two is £40.

For just 2 of us that is £40 (camping), £44 (entrance), £20 (grandstand seats), £40 (petrol), + merchandise & food. If I come home with much change out of £160 I'll be doing well. God help a family of 5+.

I know they need to get money in to 'modernise' but its getting a bit excessive. I also appreciate there are a lot of races to organise, but to be fair, I'm not even interested in anything non-SEAT.

Can't you tell I'm getting old.... Bah humbug

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Just finished cooking the chilli. Its not a hot one though[:@] just medium. I've left the chillies whole so you can leave them if you want.

I will bring both gazeebo's so we can have some shelter on Sunday, I think its going to be a bit windy.

Just got to pack the car in the morning. I will see you all at Watford gap. Let the drinking comence. :funk:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise