camshaft pulley fixing bolt sheared

hopeful

We have an old S reg seat Ibiza salsa. This morning my good lady was driving to work when everything went pear- shaped. A loud thud then twang and the car stopped. long story short, the bolt securing the crankshaft pully sheared. The pulley came away from the engine leaving the timing belt hanging loose. Is this the end of the road for this wee beauty or is there a chance the valves miss the pistons? From the plate under the bonnet engine type is 6K. (TDI). Any advice please guys!!

fraw

We have an old S reg seat Ibiza salsa. This morning my good lady was driving to work when everything went pear- shaped. A loud thud then twang and the car stopped. long story short, the bolt securing the camshaft bolt sheared. The pulley came away from the engine leaving the timing belt hanging loose. Is this the end of the road for this wee beauty or is there a chance the valves miss the pistons? From the plate under the bonnet engine type is 6K. (TDI). Any advice please guys!!

Pear-shaped? That's one reason I never let my wife drive my car. Anyways, the best way for this is to have it checked at the nearest service center.

vngtx

aleast 2 of the valves would of hit. best looking for a new engine. i did a very similar job on a van the other week and it wasnt an easy task. just depends on how badly its damaged the crank pulley threads.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The crankshaft pulley sheared off?

Ive seen the camshaft pulley come loose as its not keywayed but if the crank bolt has fsiled then thats some serious issues.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.