Can I fit a 7ft surfboard inside a Leon?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Hey

I'm currently a 1.4 mk3 ibiza owner, but in a few months I'll most probably be selling it as I need 1. a bigger car and 2. a diesel! And so my choices for this would be either mk1 leon 1.9tdi, cordoba vario tdi, or a vw transporter tdi (yes a VAN!!! :banned: )

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how big internally the mk1 leon is?

I end up having to carry a few things now and again, but mainly it's sporting stuff, including a surfboard just under 7ft, which when I put on the roof of my car now ends up destroying my mpg, and so I have to put it inside but I have to flatten the passenger seat and rear left side seat to get it in, just!

Would I be able to fit it in a Leon with just the rear seat flattened and not having to flatten or use the passenger seat for it????

Cheers,
Gordon.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I doubl it, I put some 2.4 metre curtain poles in mine a couple of weeks ago and they had to go down the side of front passenger seat. So for the surf board you will have to recline the passenger seat.

Deleted member 20376

Well I got 2 mtb bikes in the back of mine both wheels out though and seats down obviously.
I got 2 snowboards too but they were at an angle.
The snowboards are 156cm in length.
Maybe if you put the front pass seat right down then spin the board upside down so the ends curl the down.

Deleted member 20376

hmmm, by the sounds of it the leon doesn't seem that much bigger than my ibiza then!

cheers for the replies!

its suprising how big the leon is tho. its has a big boot and i can have the front seats back and still fit tall people in the back.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
its suprising how big the leon is tho. its has a big boot and i can have the front seats back and still fit tall people in the back.

Really? That's something that's poor with my ibiza, I'm quite tall and physically no one can sit behind me when I'm driving!

And when you say big boot, what sort of size object do you reckon would fill the boot?

Sorry with all the questions, eventually I'll go out and actually look at and test drive a leon, but it's still early days yet for me!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I just got two internal doors in mine, put the front seat forward, then reclined it, took out the headrest, lowered the back seats, and they are 78" x 30"

highguyuk

Dec 14, 2007
Stafford, UK
I would argue that tall people can't sit in the front and back.

I'm 6'7, and there ain't no chance in hell I could sit behind me driving (you know what I mean!).

Deleted member 20376

Sadly not :D...it was a fun day though...*sigh*...

:cry: damn :cry:
im gunna have to try this.

the front pass seat has loads of space in it.
plus i suppose if you have long legs or long body. plus the seats in the seat r angle well ratchet up.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yes if you drive like Jim Carrey

AceVentura.jpg

:cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise