can i remove this bit of metal? just installing my eliminator turbo

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
firewaLL.jpg

sorry my cars a golf mk4 1.8t and i am in need of a quick respond, can i remove this metal?

none of the guys on vortex have this on there car! it gets in the way when isntalling the turbo and i could do without it! please advise if this can be removed for good! thanks allot

michael

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
could be wrong but isnt it just a heat sheild

of some sort yes, but NO of the guys on vortex have it! and it could be allot easier if it isnt there!

i need to no if this is sheilding any important parts?! thanks

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
heres whats behind them!

P9090068.jpg

P9090069.jpg

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE LOOK ON THERE CAR TO SEE IF THEY HAVE THIS METAL OR JUST THE SMALL PIPES BEHIND IT?!

1.8T THAT IS!

thanks allot

iannez

Jul 27, 2006
looks like air con pipes as well. think its the sound proofing on the other side of the bulk head you need to worry about but cant see it getting that hot tbh

Last edited:

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
id never remove heat shielding from a turbo car. they put it there for a std car, standard turbo. your fitting a bigger turbo + more boost = more temp....and your thinking about removing it?! good luck boss...

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
i think its there more for longevity and warranty purposes, you slap a bigger turbo on, warranty goes cheerio anyway. as for unnecessary bits Cough *N249!*

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
originally I did not have one then all of a sudden after a service it appeared I would say its a good reason to leave it there

Now I would be leaving it there.....! You don't want your car catching fire just for the sake of a piece of metal...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members