Cant get radio reception

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
you live in wales ? :) nah just messing, along as you reconnected the ariel then there shouldnt be a problem, swap you standard one back in and if that picks up radio. its the stereo..

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
When I fitted my alpine the arial lead kept pulling out of the socket when the head unit was pushed fully into place. Eventually the centre core of the coax broke off the connector. (Admittedly the cable may have been damaged when some :censored: in Luton smashed the passenger window & ripped out my Sony unit!)
:mad:

I'd briefly reconnect an old head unit just to make sure the aerial cable & connector are OK before going any further. One other failure I've had is water getting into the base of the beesting aerial which frags the built in amp unit.

bezza

Oct 23, 2006
most Seats require a ariel booster.

you can buy them from your local halfords about 6 quid, which is a universal booster. this usually does the job and gets most popular stations, however is this still doesnt work, you will have to buy the seat car specific booster (usually ordered in depending on halfords store size) bout 8ish quid.

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
Fitted the Beesting myself & made sure it was watertight with plenty of silicon sealant! IIRC the aerial was @ £30 from Seat.

pinsnpies

Oct 28, 2006
Bangor North Wales Uk
most Seats require a ariel booster.

you can buy them from your local halfords about 6 quid, which is a universal booster. this usually does the job and gets most popular stations, however is this still doesnt work, you will have to buy the seat car specific booster (usually ordered in depending on halfords store size) bout 8ish quid.

Thanks for the info. I will go into halfords today.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I really do doubt its your radio, i have had Panasonic JVC and SEAT headunits in my cars and none of them have ever needed an aerial amplifier. It is quite common for the beestings to go especially at this time of year due to the poor weather.

If your car is a GTI or Cupra then there should be a pre-fitted cd changer cable so if your reverting back to a SEAT headunit go for the Grundig one with a 6 CD autochanger on it

pinsnpies

Oct 28, 2006
Bangor North Wales Uk
I really do doubt its your radio, i have had Panasonic JVC and SEAT headunits in my cars and none of them have ever needed an aerial amplifier. It is quite common for the beestings to go especially at this time of year due to the poor weather.

If your car is a GTI or Cupra then there should be a pre-fitted cd changer cable so if your reverting back to a SEAT headunit go for the Grundig one with a 6 CD autochanger on it

I might get a new aerial on ebay. Then again its simply not a case of easy installation. You have to fiddle about with long screwdrivers and the like [:@]

pinsnpies

Oct 28, 2006
Bangor North Wales Uk
Nah its the blue wire on my leg. I plugged the copper wire from the end of that into my stereo and I get radio although is not very good reception. I get radio 1 so thats about it really.

studioeng

R.I.P. SXE. Hello Salsa!!
Feb 12, 2007
Dorset
www.byattsystems.co.uk
Sorry to bring up an old thread; but I'm having alittle problem with my radio reception. On my car; when I bought it, it has some horrible aftermarket headunit (a cheap kenwood) its got a standard DIN type aerial cable; although some monkey decided to cut the end off.

I've put a plug back on the cable, but I'm getting a very poor signal, if anything at all; does this need the fabled aerial amplifier or is there something I'm missing??

bezza

Oct 23, 2006
Er the Aerial is a co-ax cable, requires soldering. if its not done "propper" you will get crap reception.

needs to be 100% spot on!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise