Capper's R225

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
so... a few of us went and crashed a cheshire dubs meet yesterday! Nothing major really just a nice cold beer and a raz around the country side afterwards with the Crewe/Nantwich/Sandbatch lot off of here!:drive1:
I had some Ferodo DS2500 fitted a month or two ago and didn't mention it as it's no big deal really. I don't drive my car all that much as people will know, but last night on the fore mentioned "raz" i realized what all the fuss was about. There was alot of down hill bendy roads and heavy braking so as you'd imagine the brakes were pretty busy. they felt great though, it was like the warmer they got the better they got and bit harder.
I had previously wonderd what all the fuss was about as when driving normally they feel no different to the standard gear, but by god give em some stick and they give it back;)

Last edited:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Detailing my LCR

well summers here now and it's time to get the old girl up to scratch, swirling has been bothering me ever since i bought the car.
car004.jpg

Thanks to nickFR who introduced me to nick and matt, a couple of top lads who kept us entertained through out the day.

Here are the boys hard at work
IMG_80881.jpg

and here is my beauty all taped up getting the treatment
IMG_81161.jpg

I did have a load of before pics, and pics of the snowfoaming but i managed to delete them yesterday when trying to upload them:banghead2

Matt managed to take 89 pics for me on saturday whilst detailing the car, so all was not lost. Here are a few of the best examples of how good there work was... (hidden messages anyone???)
IMG_81212.jpg

IMG_81201.jpg

IMG_81071.jpg

IMG_80851.jpg

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Then it was outside to rinse off all the polish dust.
IMG_81241.jpg

and a going over with "autoglym super resin polish" which made all the difference and gave us a good idea of how things were going to turn out:bounce:
IMG_81331.jpg

Then it was time to finish off with some wax and get some homeless guy to screw the number plates back on for us,
IMG_81461.jpg

the exhaust and wheels also got the treatment.
IMG_81751.jpg

IMG_80891.jpg

and here she is all finished, needless to say i'm very happy with the results and the guys really did do a top job, thanks Matt and Nick;) (for all the awesome pics too!)
IMG_81521.jpg

IMG_81501.jpg

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
These pics didn't really feature in the write up but there some of my favorite's so thought i'd post them up. Thanks again to NickFR who took alot of these pics;)

my personal favotite
IMG_81741.jpg

Art'y one
IMG_81721.jpg

IMG_81401.jpg

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
thanks millo;)

definatly great value rocky, to be honest i don't see how much better you could get it regardless of what you pay. I'm sure a proffesional could improve on it somehow but to be honest if i'd spent £000's i'd be a bit like, "that looks ace... expensive though". As it stands though dude it's the best small amount of money i've spent on any of my cars:D

Really happy mate get it done;)

parksy

looking good mate. gleaming, how much was it for the full works

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
looking good mate. gleaming, how much was it for the full works

There's four of us from SCN having it done, the guys are doing it for £60 as a group buy type thing. When you say full works, what they actually did was wheels exhaust, and snowfoam, machine polish all the exterior. I'm doing all the shuts and interior myself at the weekend, then i'm gona have all the wheels off and clean the arches up, just to make sure all the winter crap off the roads is gone, salt etc!

PS. It was nick's mate Tim!

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Thats a very nice looking example of an LCR and l cannot believe how well it came up after the detailing session! :drool:
l've done a few details myself and its such hard work to do well but oh my word is it worth it once you've finished, stepped back with a cuppa in your hand and looked in amazement!

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Thats a very nice looking example of an LCR and l cannot believe how well it came up after the detailing session! :drool:
l've done a few details myself and its such hard work to do well but oh my word is it worth it once you've finished, stepped back with a cuppa in your hand and looked in amazement!

fortunatly i wasn't doing the hard work:whistle: but yeah your right dougie. It took two of them from 10am to 4pm. hat's off to all detailers it's alot of work! fair play for having a go yourself aswell mate;)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looks ace Wayne as i said when i spotted you looks shiney! I polished mine yesterday and it looks ok but im definetly gonna have to get it done before GTI international

sooo... Tim me n you should start a group buy detailing session ,I bet rich would be up for it aswell for £60 carnt really go wrong as i was prepared to pay £150

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.