Capper's R225

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
I was but im not sure now.......

All i'll say is John's car

what happened with that? was it a simple fix? i haven't really seen john since:think:

i was there when it happened:cry: was an awkward few minuites:whistle:. they are good lads it was just opne of those things really, the wipers were up and they opened the bonnet to take his lamp guards off. 9 times out of ten they will just drop back on to the screen but johns just went ping:-o is there more to this story Tim as i said haven't really spoke to john since?

what happened with that? was it a simple fix? i haven't really seen john since:think:

i was there when it happened:cry: was an awkward few minuites:whistle:. they are good lads it was just opne of those things really, the wipers were up and they opened the bonnet to take his lamp guards off. 9 times out of ten they will just drop back on to the screen but johns just went ping:-o is there more to this story Tim as i said haven't really spoke to john since?

PM'd you mate ;)

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Winter is well and truly gone now, so i know my car isn't going to be getting coverd in grit and crap from our roads so i deceided to take all my wheels off and clean them properly aswell as cleaning all the inner arches, i plan to do this each year just to keep on top of things. They looked like new when i finished but i didnt take any photo's as i thought it would just be a bit sad and boring without any coilovers or big brakes to look at:(

just a few small jobs i did over the weekend whilst i was at it anyway. with some improvements:whistle:

Rear wiper was goosed
IMG_81061.jpg

So i replaced it with this
002.jpg

I also had a run'in with a branch that had lay in the road in the winter. It smashed my centre grill to pieces so i did my crash bar cover in carbonfibre whilst i was replacing it.
003.jpg

next now is my secret coilover fund that i wont be telling the good lady about!:bleh:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Rear wiper is alot better mate but you should of just done what me and dave have done and bought a Polo/Fabia rear aero wiper there so much smaller and nicer :)

Glad your finally getting on top of it tho ,what did you use to clean arches i need to do this aswell

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Crash bar looks sweet mate! Is it the real deal or a stick on film? Would like to do this to mine but my LCR is platinum so it wouldn't realy be a blatent copy - honest ;)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Crash bar looks sweet mate! Is it the real deal or a stick on film? Would like to do this to mine but my LCR is platinum so it wouldn't realy be a blatent copy - honest ;)

I dont care if it's a copy I'm going to do it to mine :cartman:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Rear wiper is alot better mate but you should of just done what me and dave have done and bought a Polo/Fabia rear aero wiper there so much smaller and nicer :)

Glad your finally getting on top of it tho ,what did you use to clean arches i need to do this aswell
I like the fabia estate wiper mate as it looks pretty standard, havent seen dave's so i may kick myself when i see it, although as i said i really like mine:D functions much better too!
As for the arches bud i rinsed them with water to take the heavy dirt off, then sprayed my caliper's with halfords alloy wheel cleaner followed by lots of hot soapy water. once it's dried get some Autoglym bumper care on the arch liners and it all comes up mint mate:yes:

Good idea with the crashbar, what did you use ????
think it's the same stuff you used on your charge pipe clips mate:confused:real carbonfibre on a 3m adhesive sheet. got it from carbon mods;)

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
looks good that wayne, not seen that idea yet but it sounds as though a few might like the idea :D

Yay, i've never been the first to be creative... ever!!!
looks like it does have a down side though ay Tim:lol: just so long as i get the credit when everyone starts doing it!:whistle:
Word or warning though Daz i had my grill on the living room floor doing it as i was replacing it anyway and it was fiddily as f00k, dread to think what it'll be like doing it on the car:cry: good luck though if you do;)

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Went down the Awesome RR last weekend for a brew and a bacon and egg bap with Mr Dave. Some cool cars there!
Anyway about 10 mins from the end, (after Dave had deceided he was going to run his) i thought what the hell! i'll run mine aswell.
I only did it as a record, of a starting point for monitoring what difference future mods would make.

Anyway...

rollingroeadpic.jpg

Max Torque= 229.86(ft-lbs) Max Power= 212.47bhp Max Clutch Power= 230.21bhp

all for my own record of course, standard car=dull reading:(

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looks ace mate your figures dont look dull compared to what mine made on the Mobile Rolling road at GTI international

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Went down the Awesome RR last weekend for a brew and a bacon and egg bap with Mr Dave. Some cool cars there!
Anyway about 10 mins from the end, (after Dave had deceided he was going to run his) i thought what the hell! i'll run mine aswell.
I only did it as a record, of a starting point for monitoring what difference future mods would make.

Anyway...

rollingroeadpic.jpg

Max Torque= 229.86(ft-lbs) Max Power= 212.47bhp Max Clutch Power= 230.21bhp

all for my own record of course, standard car=dull reading:(
lovely car mate, great to see Awesomes dyno accurately measuring stock cars. An important step for you appreciate progress in the future.:)

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Looks ace mate your figures dont look dull compared to what mine made on the Mobile Rolling road at GTI international

cheers Andy;) what did you make???

lovely car mate, great to see Awesomes dyno accurately measuring stock cars. An important step for you appreciate progress in the future.:)

Alot of people commented on their accuracy actually Willy, there probably the only ones i'll be using so as you said a good/important starting point for future work.

thanks for everybody's comments on my thread by the way;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members