Car alarm

Tollybird

Got woken up this morning by my car alarm beeping away in the garden, looking out of the window I could see no obvious causes (wind/cats/birds/burglars).
Sounds silly but I was wondering if it was possible for the alarm to be affected by extreme low temperatures, or as the car was covered in frost, that also may effect the alarm?

Tollybird

Probably is the tempeature, hopefully it was a one off. Toledo manual doesn't say anything about it but I'm sure it's just one of those things.

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
Does the toledo have a motion sensor inside? Cos i know in certain weather conditions this can set the alarm off on my dads car for no apparent reason and he has a saab. so could be the same thing. Anyways there is no fix for his.

Tollybird

Yes, Toledo (x reg v5) does have an internal motion sensor, I know this as it can be disabled via a button on the inside for if you want to lock your dog/kids/granny inside the car. I think you can also disable the whole alarm system with the key when locked but I never would, I guess it's a case of accepting the rare oddity when it beeps away merrily to itself.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.