Car locking inself with keys inside

Jul 13, 2021
Normally when I clean my Mrs Arona FR Sport I open the car after unlocking all the doors, throw the key on the front seat and get to work after closing the door. Today when I did that the car locked itself after a couple of minutes. The mirrors did not fold back in. I had to get the spare key to retrieve it and this time tested again but with the key in the ignition. After 2 or 3 minutes the car was locked again. Mirrors still extended.

Now I've never noticed this before, it's not keyless entry and as I said I do this all the time and today if the first day it's happened. I'm not getting any battery warnings.

Fault?

Tell

Staff member
Normally they lock if unlocked but the door isn't opened. Since it isn't Kessy it shouldn't know that the keys are in or out although immobilizer comes into it somewhere. Not that a previous owners has been frigging how the car locks ?. Can't think if anything else.

Keasy you clean with the keys placed well outside and not on you else you end up locking it everytime you wipe the sensor.

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Sounds like the car isn't recognising the door being opened and so relocks automatically. I assume you are normally using the drivers door. does it do the same if you unlock it and then open one of the other doors? Used to be a door microswitch issue on mk 3 Ibiza