Car Off The Road Till The End Of The Month

Last Wednesday the DPF warning light came on after a long motorway run, which didn't seem right....first time in 25k miles. The same evening the glow plug and engine management lights came on in quick succession and the car went into "limp" mode. Took the car to the dealers on Thursday morning and they said they already had another car with the same problem. The issue is with the DPF and that there is a fix but it won't be available till 28th October at the earliest :thumbd:

Does anybody have any info on the fix or had a similar problem with their car and how was it resolved? Looks like I will be without the car for at least 2 weeks and I'm not happy [:@]

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The DPF sensors seem to go all the time.
Maybe there is an upgrade on the sensors and they are waiting for the upgraded parts to come in.

Theflyingsheep

I had a similar problem with my car last week although my warning lights came on in a different order. First was the engine management light, i got it plugged in at a local indepentant garage and it was the exhaust pressire sensor faulty code. Got the light cleared and called my dearership who advised booking it in, the earliest they could take it was 1 week later :blink: but they said it would be ok to drive meantime. Two days later the same light returned accompanied by the DPF light, again i called the dealer who told me the usual stuff about clearing the DPF light and still advised it was ok to drive. On my home that night trying to clear the DPF lifgt the flashing coil light completed my trio of warning lights and the car went into limp mode. The next morning i limped to the dealership (30 miles) to leave the car (although the DPF light cleared on the way there and came out of limp mode). They replaced the exhaust pressire sensor under warrenty and i got it back this morning, seems to be running fine again - fingers crossed

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Last Wednesday the DPF warning light came on after a long motorway run, which didn't seem right....first time in 25k miles. The same evening the glow plug and engine management lights came on in quick succession and the car went into "limp" mode. Took the car to the dealers on Thursday morning and they said they already had another car with the same problem. The issue is with the DPF and that there is a fix but it won't be available till 28th October at the earliest :thumbd:

Does anybody have any info on the fix or had a similar problem with their car and how was it resolved? Looks like I will be without the car for at least 2 weeks and I'm not happy [:@]

Seat customer services - 0500 222 222

Either the dealer has (mis)diagnosed the fault as something other than a sensor in the exhaust and you should probably find a different dealer! OR they are out of sensors until the end of the month - if this is the case phone seat c.s. on the number above and complain/get them to ship some from a different dealer.

naggynoo

Anyone know how much these sensors cost? Just out of interest when the warranty runs out
Similar problem, sorted yesterday (3x dpf replacements in under 3 years and 46000 VERY non urban miles) "not covered by warranty" as this time the dpf still alive.

Helpful receptionist showed me the price of a new dpf... about £1040 ex VAT!

I just can't accept that this is a simple failure to drive fast and long enough to allow the dpf to recycle as I do loads of miles on uncrowded country roads...

Can't afford to do the "new car when 3 years (and warranty) up" thing, and the potential cost of a failure out of warranty is starting to bother me and dpf delete / remap is becoming tempting.

How are we served Up North (West Coast, Scottish Borders) for remappers?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Anyone know how much these sensors cost? Just out of interest when the warranty runs out

If its the exhaust pressor sensor, £39.

I know as I couldnt be faffed with the idiots at the main dealer & got it done myself.

Car still has 9k left under warranty, but the hassle of bringing it in for diagnostics, then having to go back for the job to be done wasnt worth the time it would cost me....

Plus, I didnt want it soaked in TFR & washed by some retard, even though the big sign on the dash says "DO NOT SERVICE WASH ! "