Car park scrape (DIY ?)

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Hi all, some kind soul left me this in the local supermarket car park yesterday :censored:
scrape.JPG

scrape1.JPG

Do you think I could do a DIY repair on this or is it a stealer job ?

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That looks pretty deep! You could DIY it, but it looks like a fair bit of work to get it done properly and looking new again.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I'm taking my Ibiza into Scuffbusters on Tuesday to have the bumper repaired as it looks like its been scraped against a wall as has a gouge out of it - I've been quoted £85 + VAT to give you an idea on cost.

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I wreckon a stealer would probably charge about £380 to sort that. I've got a similar gash to my rear bumper and to have it filled and bumper resprayed it’s costing £380 (this includes courtesy car)...Day light robbery :(

At least if the job isn’t perfect I can tell them to do it again with limited fuss!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
They're just down the road from me at work (Tunbridge Wells) and seem well priced. I'll take some before and afters for you.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Mark, you could try it yourself with a paint repair kit, primer then coat with a little rubbing down with wet and dry then another coat and see if you can blend it in yourself. what have you got to lose? if its not great then pay someone.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Sorry forgot all about it :hide:

I forgot to take a before photo, but here is the after:

icuprarear.jpg

There was a nasty scrape just above the bump strip before the bumper curves around to the rear. It was fairly deep, about an inch wide.
Now you really can't see anything.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Z, I have the remains of that kit from my cordoba days, its not great. Then again it might just have been me, I found the instructions difficult to follow and the amount of each part in the kit is very minimal, almost as if it was designed for semi pros who uad done this kind of thing before and knew how to get it right first time.
Anyone else used it?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Z, I have the remains of that kit from my cordoba days, its not great. Then again it might just have been me, I found the instructions difficult to follow and the amount of each part in the kit is very minimal, almost as if it was designed for semi pros who uad done this kind of thing before and knew how to get it right first time.
Anyone else used it?

Never used it hence the ?? I saw it the other week when i was in the local Halfords getting a few bits and bobs for cleaning the car.

But I just posted it as a possible suggestion. Personally though I would probably see a pro if it was my car.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
wasnt a lecture my man :), just my observation as a numpty car repairer. these paint repair mobile people do it daily maybe worth getting a second opinion?

minxycov

get a girlfriend to do it for you - steady hand from painting their nails ;) I do have a rather fetching blue nail varnish in the same colour as spannys car :)

Deleted member 20482

i would have a go at the scratch myself personally.. doing it to my facelift bumper
FROM THIS http://
TO THIShttp://
TO THIShttp://
JUST WAITING FOR THE ARTIC GREY TO COMPLETE.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members