Car Speakers

Hbett96

Mar 6, 2017
Good Afternoon,

I purchased my car about 6 months ago, after driving it for a few weeks, i noticed that the bass on the passenger door speaker had gone and it became incredibly rattly, a few days later, the same happened to the speaker on the right. For about a week they stayed like this, sounding like the radio or aux was playing white noise as well as the music. then both door speakers stopped all together and just the mini pilot speakers down the side of the windscreen work. However if i slightly open the window, the door speakers kick back in playing their muffled sound. Could anyone advise what this is? it sounds like i defiantly need two new speakers, but could this be a problem with the head unit too?:confused:

Kind Regards
Harry

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Good Afternoon,

I purchased my car about 6 months ago, after driving it for a few weeks, i noticed that the bass on the passenger door speaker had gone and it became incredibly rattly, a few days later, the same happened to the speaker on the right. For about a week they stayed like this, sounding like the radio or aux was playing white noise as well as the music. then both door speakers stopped all together and just the mini pilot speakers down the side of the windscreen work. However if i slightly open the window, the door speakers kick back in playing their muffled sound. Could anyone advise what this is? it sounds like i defiantly need two new speakers, but could this be a problem with the head unit too?:confused:

Kind Regards
Harry

Sounds like an electrical issue, specifically with the wiring. Can't help beyond that, sorry.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members