Car struggling to start after remap

Feb 13, 2024
Hi, I’ve had my Cupra 280 5 years with the same stage 3 set up and had 0 issues. Last week I got a custom remap from a reputable company and since the car struggles to start when cold. The car usually revs itself up to just over 1k but down only gets to 0.5k before sounding like it’s about to stall, then starts up. The car runs and drives fine and when warm starts up first time, it’s the initial cold start it won’t start up. I’ve gone back to mapper and he’s said it’s not his issue as he doesn’t mess with the idle (although I did say it was a start up issue not an idle issue) any suggestions please?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd still think that if it started and ran okay with its original stage 3 remap, then I'd expect it to also do the same with this "better" remap.

Edit:- unless you were warned about this before getting this "custom" remap applied.

Feb 13, 2024
I'd still think that if it started and ran okay with its original stage 3 remap, then I'd expect it to also do the same with this "better" remap.

Edit:- unless you were warned about this before getting this "custom" remap applied.
Nope ran and started fine with a revo stage 2 and 3 map. Mapper is saying it must be a coincidence and something mechanical on my car such as faulty catch can or air leak. It’s definitely not a fault with either of those

Nope ran and started fine with a revo stage 2 and 3 map. Mapper is saying it must be a coincidence and something mechanical on my car such as faulty catch can or air leak. It’s definitely not a fault with either of those

Get the previous file put back on, assuming it was possible to take a backup. If the problem goes away, it's their map