Car wont start. ECU has no power.

Juhuts

Nov 17, 2010
Finland
Hello

Been battling with my Cupra4 for few months now. Drove normally one day the car home, and next day it just cranks, but doesnt start. Not even for a second so apparently not immobilizer problem. CEL wont light when cranked. Tried to read fault codes, but ECU doesnt power up at all. Looked fuses and relays and ended up finding that I dont have power at fuses 32 & 43. And no power is coming to the ECU power relay at engine bay (428). 34 fuse has power which is weird because fuel pump relay powers both (32&34) from same pin apparently. I´ve looked alot of wiring diagrams and have one printed out which doesnt have fuse 32 mentioned at all.

ECU has been checked out by professional and working properly. Crank sensor is replaced. Fuses at engine bay are checked aswell and they are working fine. Only those 32 and 43 are powerless.

Anybody have any ideas or wiring diagrams which shows wiring to the 428 relay at engine bay and fuse 32?

Apr 15, 2023
Hi mate did you manage to sort her?
As I’m having issues with mine and it’s infuriating

Juhuts

Nov 17, 2010
Finland
Hi mate did you manage to sort her?
As I’m having issues with mine and it’s infuriating
Sorry havent been checking this forum lately. Ended up towing it to friends shop to get it fixed. There was three problems which caused this. One of the small cables in the fusebox inside the dash was loose (cant remember which fuse it was, 32 or 43), some bad wiring connections under the battery and the ECUs grounding at the body was rusted so it didnt ground it properly.

Reactions: Nam-uk and mty12345

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Sorry havent been checking this forum lately. Ended up towing it to friends shop to get it fixed. There was three problems which caused this. One of the small cables in the fusebox inside the dash was loose (cant remember which fuse it was, 32 or 43), some bad wiring connections under the battery and the ECUs grounding at the body was rusted so it didnt ground it properly.
read that a few times over the years under the battery think ill check mine

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.