Carista app - Android

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've just ran a test using Torque and one other app, both of which say there are no faults. Then I run Carista and it says there are no OBD2 faults found, but then continues to list "codes" relating to the ABS, three of the four doors, and numerous other things. Are these fault codes? And if so, why are they listed separately? I can't view them unless I buy the full app, but I don't want to spend £15 just to find out that they aren't faults...

Also, the car beeps (and a couple of lights on the dash flash) when Carista connects, whereas when Torque and other apps connect the car does nothing (except light up the ODB2 connector), anybody else notice this?

Yeah, Torque didn't pick up any fault codes, but I believe Carista is correct. I had two of those faults ABS - which was the tyre pressure warning when I had a puncture. Central electronics for me was the interior motion sensor for the alarm which I googled and it appears lots of Seats and VWs flag this code so I'm not worried. And yeah, it does flash the lights that match the error codes on the dash.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Obd2 readers, such as torque, will pull generic codes only. The will only relate to the engine ecu. Carista actually gathers both obd2 and VAG specific codes over most if not all of the cars ecus. That is why you get more faults that show. Torque will not show airbag faults but Carista will for example.

Well worth £15 quid, this level if diagnosis costs £50+ from garages and much more from dealers!

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah, Torque didn't pick up any fault codes, but I believe Carista is correct. I had two of those faults ABS - which was the tyre pressure warning when I had a puncture. Central electronics for me was the interior motion sensor for the alarm which I googled and it appears lots of Seats and VWs flag this code so I'm not worried. And yeah, it does flash the lights that match the error codes on the dash.

Obd2 readers, such as torque, will pull generic codes only. The will only relate to the engine ecu. Carista actually gathers both obd2 and VAG specific codes over most if not all of the cars ecus. That is why you get more faults that show. Torque will not show airbag faults but Carista will for example.

Well worth £15 quid, this level if diagnosis costs £50+ from garages and much more from dealers!

Damn it you two, now I feel the need to spend £15 :D

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
Can anyone whose changed their display cluster's region to Australia in order to get the digital speedo to show MPH, comment on whether or not it's changed anything else (such as lights)? I'd really like to have it show MPH but don't fancy my daytime lights config changing...

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Same here, I checked all the light settings were correct as soon as I changed the region. Cant see anything that isn't still UK spec tbh.

Added to which its a 30 second job to change it back if you want. :)

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I checked all my lights over a couple of weeks and different times of day and everything is fine. Initially I thought it'd changed my daytime running lights... but that was just a misunderstanding of how quickly the auto headlights changed over.

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Carista developers have found a way to get drls working without it making the front and rear sidelights stay on all the time?

I love the dogs as drl and have it set to switch off the fog if I'm indicating but don't want my sidelights on all the time.

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
Mine doesn't seem to have changed anything. Only that I've lost the kph readout on the MFA. But its worth it, the big mph is great on the motorway.

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Ah wait, so it now looks like this post? That kind of sucks for me, I was hoping to just swap the small KPH for MPH and keep the MPG :(

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
Hmm okay thanks guys, I'll have a play and see if I can find something I like :)

P.S. Enabled the beep on lock/unlock, my god that's loud, back off that goes :D

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I have the beep on Lock, on the Toledo I don't find it to load and as its only a single beep its ok, I find its great in crowded area as it makes people believe you have a good Alarm system installed, I activated coming home lights with a flick of mai beam when parked up,

I tried to activate DRL is partners Ibiza but wasn't having any of it lol.

vfr400racer

May 21, 2014
Kent
Carista ment to be getting option to be able to dim the fog bulbs so developer says. Hopely so I can enable fogs as drls and turn them down to 60% brightness. Does anyone know the exact options to press to get them on the north american setting fogs only on with no other lights on pre fl? Does it change temp from centigradw to farenheit on mfd?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members