Carista OBD2 Adapter

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi,

I've bought a Carista OBD2 adapter, but haven't had chance to play with it yet.

My question is, say I want to have to the car beep when I lock/unlock the car, from the Carista website, it show four different options to do with enabling the beep:

Allow configuring beep when locking/unlocking
Yes / No

Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking
Enabled / Disabled

Beep when unlocking with remote
Yes / No

Beep when locking with remote
Yes / No

A bit confusing as to what I'd need to enable, would I need to set all four to 'Yes'?
It would be good to have it within a menu on the Infotainment screen, so would I only need to choose the 'Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking'? Or would I need the first one enabled to then allow me to enable the menu option?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Hi,

I've bought a Carista OBD2 adapter, but haven't had chance to play with it yet.

My question is, say I want to have to the car beep when I lock/unlock the car, from the Carista website, it show four different options to do with enabling the beep:

Allow configuring beep when locking/unlocking
Yes / No

Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking
Enabled / Disabled

Beep when unlocking with remote
Yes / No

Beep when locking with remote
Yes / No

A bit confusing as to what I'd need to enable, would I need to set all four to 'Yes'?
It would be good to have it within a menu on the Infotainment screen, so would I only need to choose the 'Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking'? Or would I need the first one enabled to then allow me to enable the menu option?

I have the Carista and did this on my car, if I remember correctly I tried all the options and settled for the last two. Gives two beeps when unlocking with key and one beep when locking. Tried to have it in menu but did not work for me maybe others will know how to do this.

Hope this helps.

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
Hi,

Yes you will need to enable all four, then enable it on the car setup screen, just done this today actually and the needle sweep, found it very easy to use.

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Just for info as well you get a months pro use for free and before the end of the month cancel the pro subscription and register for beta testing get another month to try all the new things that are being developed.

Last edited:

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
Yes i got the month free trial today, I was wondering how do i cancel the full year subscription coming out of my bank as i had to sign in with my google account that is linked with my debit card?

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Yes i got the month free trial today, I was wondering how do i cancel the full year subscription coming out of my bank as i had to sign in with my google account that is linked with my debit card?

Just go into playstore and account>suscriptions>cancel subscription and thats it.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks for the quick replies.

I'll give that a go. The main thing I want to enable is the ParkPilot as I was unlucky enough to have a 2016 build which was built 2-3 months after SEAT dropped the front parking sensors. All I've got with the rear parking sensors is the beeping. Need the visuals on the Infotainment!!

I fancied getting the front parking sensors retrofitted, but it costs over £650! Crazy when it's a 1/4 of that if it had been chosen as an optional extra when new.

I'm a bit paranoid about using these ODB2 adapters. I've used them with previous cars, no problem. Then my last car was a Ford Focus MK3, and when I used one on it for the first time, the car went nuts! Every fault you could think of was appearing on the display, lots of beeping, the aircon switched on full, car wouldn't start..... it was twitchy bum time!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Being a simple soul I started to get confused about how many bleeps. I had bleep for lock bleep for unlock and bleep for alarm set. If you then opened and shut the boot what did the next bleep mean?

I killed them all except bleep on lock, so there's no chance of leaving it unlocked now.

Question - Does anyone with KESSY have dial staging/needle sweep enabled. Carista guys told me it was not compatible with my dash?

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Thanks for the quick replies.

I'll give that a go. The main thing I want to enable is the ParkPilot as I was unlucky enough to have a 2016 build which was built 2-3 months after SEAT dropped the front parking sensors. All I've got with the rear parking sensors is the beeping. Need the visuals on the Infotainment!!

I fancied getting the front parking sensors retrofitted, but it costs over £650! Crazy when it's a 1/4 of that if it had been chosen as an optional extra when new.

I'm a bit paranoid about using these ODB2 adapters. I've used them with previous cars, no problem. Then my last car was a Ford Focus MK3, and when I used one on it for the first time, the car went nuts! Every fault you could think of was appearing on the display, lots of beeping, the aircon switched on full, car wouldn't start..... it was twitchy bum time!

Did not have any problem on mine and actually got nearly two months on the beta testing as well, with no problems, as they forgot to stop it after the months beta testing was finished. By the way you get all the functionality of the adapter /app while beta testing.