CD Changer for Alana Head Unit

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Does anybody know what the part number/serial number is?

Also does it come with a long enough lead to put into the boot or would I have to put it into the glove box? don't really want to put it in the glove box

gazjones

the mk4 only lists a sony changer unit. but ive fitted one out of my dads old leon 130tdi and the loom worked out of that as well. you can buy a lead long enough to reach the boot. im not sure if the changer actually comes with a lead or not
ill look if the lcr changer is listed on etka as its standard on them

gazjones

lcr changer is 1J6 035 111
magazine is 3B0 051 179
hope this helps

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Your other option is to get a 6 disc in-dash changer. I've had one in mine for about 12 months because the CD Changer in the glove box was driving me up the wall. It takes up too much space in there.

There are always some on Ebay. I recommend trying to get one with an illumination lead included though. It costs about another £10 from a VW dealer else to get one. It includes a very important Earth wire you need for it to work Alana HU.

Just another option for you. Saves you from running cables to the boot as well.

AEM

2007 Ibiza 1.4 DAB SE
Jan 15, 2007
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi

I have a Sony CD changer for sale, the same one that is on the Seat UK website.

CD changer, all the leads for connection to the standard head unit, including the connects2 adaptor and a long lead, as mine was in the boot. £65 if your interested including postange

Cheers

Andy

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Thanks Gaz/Joonspoon/Chil/AEM.

Nice to know you can get quality information quickly.:D

No probs mate. :)
About £35.00 for the boot cable or £21.00 for the glove box cable.

Had to edit my post a bit but part numbers are fine.

Have a look at this if you want to fit the changer in the glove box.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109920

If you fit in the boot you can feed the cable down the left side of the car and push it under the trim that runs along the side of the footwell/passenger space.
No need to remove any trim just push under with your fingers.
Make sure you have a good earth connection or the changer will not work.

I've got a Matsushita (Panasonic) changer in mine but the cable is the same for a Sony changer.

Guy.

TheCraig

Scaramanger!
Mar 13, 2007
Tyne and Wear
Hi Guys - newby here- I've been reading the forum for a while now without posting, so here we go :) - sorry to drag up an old post but are you saying here that the VW in dash multi will fit the ibiza as a direct fit? I realise it'll fit in the hole but, Do you need any other wires / cables / adapters? to go with it? One i'm looking at is here.

FYI, I have the standard Alana head unit 03 plate tdi sport

thanks!

Craig

Your other option is to get a 6 disc in-dash changer. I've had one in mine for about 12 months because the CD Changer in the glove box was driving me up the wall. It takes up too much space in there.

There are always some on Ebay. I recommend trying to get one with an illumination lead included though. It costs about another £10 from a VW dealer else to get one. It includes a very important Earth wire you need for it to work Alana HU.

Grant745

The VW in-dash CD changer will indeed fit the Ibiza as I have on in mine which which I removed from my previous car, a Golf. All u need is is a lead which clips onto the back of the changer and then plugs into the back of the head unit. Seat sell the lead ( i think it was about £13.00) as they sell that changer as an optional extra ( 4 loads of money) !. Only problem is that it is a tight fit with all the cables , get someone with small hands !

TheCraig

Scaramanger!
Mar 13, 2007
Tyne and Wear
Nice!!! :clap: - I've been searching all over to find a definitive answer to this question! I previously had another Ibiza but it had a changer in the boot - problem was i could never be bothered to change the discs - one mounted in that hole under the head unit would be ideal! Think ill try and track one down now!

Thanks again!
The VW in-dash CD changer will indeed fit the Ibiza as I have on in mine which which I removed from my previous car, a Golf. All u need is is a lead which clips onto the back of the changer and then plugs into the back of the head unit. Seat sell the lead ( i think it was about £13.00) as they sell that changer as an optional extra ( 4 loads of money) !. Only problem is that it is a tight fit with all the cables , get someone with small hands !

D&C

Feb 12, 2007
Nottingham
Help!

Help!! please Chill. After reading this i was on a mission to get an in dash changer and i finally picked up a seat one off of Ebay this week. Came this am, so quickly took it out the box and plugged in the blue connector along with original green (with earth lead) and yellow. Swiched on ignition and got nothing! There is another black 2 pin connector on the other side of the changer, is this just for illumination or is this power for unit. Have i bought something else off Ebay i can't use cos i'm a twonk!!

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Sorry for the delay in reply

No, hopefully you have bought another dud.

The reason it didn't power up straight away is there is no earth output on the CD changer port on the back of Alana HU.
It has to be done through an additional Illumination cable for us Ibiza owners I'm afraid. This cable is about £10-£15 from a VW garage.

It took me ages to work out why I couldn't have an in dash changer to start with. I then borrowed a mates illumination lead from his Polo to test it with that, it has a separate earth and the unit suddenly powered up.

However if you can't wait and you are reasonably competent at wiring things up, check the 'How to guide' out i have put on my website to help. Link below.

If you just want to test the unit it first though, before spending money or time on it.
Use some wire like speaker cable to link the metal screw threads under the rubber dash stops on the unit (check the link for a pic of what I mean) and the unit will power up when it all connected up.

http://www.dc4ubrey.f2s.com/indashguidea.htm

Last edited:

D&C

Feb 12, 2007
Nottingham
Sorry for the delay in reply

No, hopefully you have bought another dud.

The reason it didn't power up straight away is there is no earth output on the CD changer port on the back of Alana HU.
It has to be done through an additional Illumination cable for us Ibiza owners I'm afraid. This cable is about £10-£15 from a VW garage.

It took me ages to work out why I couldn't have an in dash changer to start with. I then borrowed a mates illumination lead from his Polo to test it with that, it has a separate earth and the unit suddenly powered up.

However if you can't wait and you are reasonably competent at wiring things up, check the 'How to guide' out i have put on my website to help. Link below.

If you just want to test the unit it first though, before spending money or time on it.
Use some wire like speaker cable to link the metal screw threads under the rubber dash stops on the unit (check the link for a pic of what I mean) and the unit will power up when it all connected up.

http://www.dc4ubrey.f2s.com/indashguide.htm

Thanks for that mate, that how to guide is spot on, should be up on here permenantly:clap:

chill14

Lodger
Sep 25, 2005
Staffordshire
Thanks for that mate, that how to guide is spot on, should be up on here permenantly:clap:

No problem. Mines been 'temporary' for months now and It's not played up once.
I live near a load of speed humps which I can't avoid some times and even they have not affected the cabling.

If you get stuck, shout, and i'll post up a solution and amend the guide accordingly.

D&C

Feb 12, 2007
Nottingham
Image037_edited.jpg
Image035_edited.jpg
Finally worked out how to get pics on the site, sorry about the quality. Got the changer up and running by buying the illumination lead from VW, Part No 6X0051734A CD LEAD. Tried Seat and they hadn't got a clue what i needed!!!!

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
thanks for the pics and the info,may look into getting one of those myself:)

ian

James_3

Speed Blue
Sep 1, 2006
N. Lincolnshire
Nice post D&C just bought myself a Dash changer off ebay identical apart from its VW not Seat for £89 delivered and Part No 6X0051734A CD LEAD £13.70 from my local Seat garage

saved myself over £300 using ebay compared to seat's inflated prices (£424.99)
The Identical VW one is £75 cheaper

Set of radio keys were £3.99 from halfords so not a bad setup for £100 or so

Also looks better than having a gap in the dash as if there is something missing.

D&C

Feb 12, 2007
Nottingham
Nice post D&C just bought myself a Dash changer off ebay identical apart from its VW not Seat for £89 delivered and Part No 6X0051734A CD LEAD £13.70 from my local Seat garage

saved myself over £300 using ebay compared to seat's inflated prices (£424.99)
The Identical VW one is £75 cheaper

Set of radio keys were £3.99 from halfords so not a bad setup for £100 or so

Also looks better than having a gap in the dash as if there is something missing.
Nice one mate, I had know idea the seat one is so expensive, might put it back on Ebay Lol. If you have the steering wheel controls, it will change the disks and tracks on the changer.:D When you put it in, take bottom bit of the centre console off(just pulls off). This will give you more room to thread the wires out the back of the unit. Its a bit of a pig, very tight, the missus tried to give me a hand with it, but had to go in cos of the language. Lol Have fun mate.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.