CD changer in a TDI Sport

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
Hi

We have just bought a mk4 TDi Sport which we are very pleased with :) .

One thing we want in it though is a CD changer. I have done a search and there has been some threads talking about instalations but I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on whether it is possible to fit one in the glovebox like in the Leon / Toledo?

I don't want to mount it in the boot cause we need the boot space.

Has anybody done this and if so can you give me an idea of the best way of doing it?

The other option is under the passenger seat but there appears to be some trim which would get in the way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I've been told that Leon glovebox mount kits will also help MK4 glovebox changer installations. I'm sure it can be done, but our 6CD is bootmounted in the Cupra.

You don't actually lose that much boot space with the changer in the boot...I'll get a pic if you like!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
They fit in the bottom of the glove box, its allready the right shape and has a perforated hole for the lead to go through in the bottom right hand corner.

Wardy TDi

Leon searching....
Apr 27, 2006
Manchester
Just bumping this. Will a CD changer (or Phatbox in my case) sit in the bottom of the glovebox quite happily, or are brackets of some kind recommended? Like those for the Toledo/Leon mentioned earlier in this thread?

Don't particularly want it rattling, or end up with some half-ar$ed job at the end of it :D

Cheers,
Steve

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Or you could get an MP3 head unit or an iPod connector. I was considering a CD changer for my last car, but went with the MP3 unit as I need all the storage and boot space I can get!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.