CD changer, tracks jumping

TeMpTeD

Hi,

I picked up my Cupra TDi last week and have been enjoying it ever since!

The only downside I have come across is that all of the copies I have burnt for it seem to jump somewhat. Some tracks won't jump and some will. It's not all of the time but is noticeable.

I'm playing MP3's which have been burnt using Nero on two different writers at different speeds. The CDs are Memorex. The thing is, when I play the tunes on the PC they are fine. The jumps are in the same place for CDs written by both writers.

Has anyone had this experince before? I don't have any different burning software to try at the moment, but am wondering whether it is when Nero converts the files to WAV format that it is causing the jumps?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Had similar problems with the changer in my Cupra, I think it just doesn't like CD-R's.

Played original disks fine, just didn't like copies.

Have since removed the changer, and put the cubby hole replacement in, and changed the Aura HU for my Alpine MP3 unit .. problem solved ;)

TeMpTeD

That would be a suitable plan....if it didn't have Sat Nav built in. So whichever way I look at it, I have to spend money to resolve my issue!!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
have you guys tried burning discs at a slower speed? if you burn slower it allows better error correction so less chance of skipping. try burning at about half the speed you are currently using ;)

TeMpTeD

Yeah I've tried both writers at their slowest settings as have had success with this in the past when having other issues with reading.

I've just tried burning a disc with iTunes of all apps and it seems to have cured my problem. It also seems that it utilises the writer's quickest burning speed which means I don't have to wait around :)

The missus is also pleased as I handed her 15 coasters for use around the house, everyone's a winner! ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.