CD with Text/Artist info etc

lunamodule

Hello all
I've an Ibiza 1.4 5dr Sport.
I've been trying to get the CD player to show album, track name artist etc to no avail. I've tried countless CDs, from recent to very old, but none show this info, only Track 1, 2 etc. Same with those I've recorded via iTunes.
Confusingly Page 21 of the car stereo booklet says "The function is switched on by pressing the key "INFO"........................." Well I don't have an "INFO" key on my player, nor does an "INFO" function show up digitally when I press any of the buttons either.
So which Cds do show their artist, track info etc etc or how can I get it to work?
Cheers
lunamodule

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It will only show up on ones you have burned yourself from wmp or similar. I've only ever seen one off the shelf cd that had data on it.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
When burning them with itunes, make sure the include cd text option is selected.

burn-cd-text-itunes.jpg

StewartWaudby

Jan 21, 2010
Also, the "INFO" button is basically the function of the button to the left of the volume dial when you have a CD in the unit which has either MP3's with ID3 Tags or has CD text, the top left of the display shows "INFO" when the button's enabled.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
only certan cds have cd text on em
usualy says on the cover

remember my old evanescence cd has it on thought it was well cool wen i 1st saw it

now all my cds i do em in MP3 format anyway so it just displays ID3 info :)

lunamodule

Thanks for the prompt replies everybody - much appreciated.
So, as I understand it, I'll be lucky to get hold of a commercial CD which shows text info, and I'm best off configuring iTunes to enable text when I burn some tunes. And only then will my Ibiza player display an "INFO" function once I load the disc. I'll give all that a go.
Cheers again
lunamodule

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members