Central locking/key fob problems

Dec 22, 2020
Hello all,
I’ve just bought a 2009 1.4tsi leon. The remote fob won’t lock or unlock the car. I have to use the key manually. The red light flashes on my fob so there doesn’t seem to be issues with that. I’ve tried ‘synchronising’ the key according to the manual, no luck with that either.

I’ve put it through a basic disagnostc tool and it’s come back with code 0930, I don’t know wether that’s related to the actual issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Don't know if you've looked up the code but according to ross-tech wiki:
00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222)
Possible Solutions
  • Check Door Contact Switch (F10)
  • Check Central Locking Module Rear Left (F222)
  • Check Central Locking Motor (V115) with Actuator (Lock) Rear Left (F133)
  • Check Central Locking Motor (V163) with Actuator (Safe) Rear Left (F245)
  • Check Child Safety Motor Rear Left (V142)

00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222): Implausible Signal
Possible Symptoms
  • Door Locks not working properly
Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) faulty
  • Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) faulty
  • Door Lock Mechanics are stiff/partially seized
  • Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222)
  • Check Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222)
  • Check Door Lock Mechanics/Operation
  • Check Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222)

00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222): Incorrectly Equipped
Possible Symptoms
  • Door Locks not working properly
Possible Causes
  • Incorrect Door Lock installed
Possible Solutions
  • Check Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222)
    • Check Door Lock Part
It seems like it is connected to your problem.

Dec 22, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Would a fault on the rear left lock be enough to stop all the other doors from working?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
No that wouldn't prevent the remote locking from working entirely. I would change the battery in the fob and try the resynchronisation procedure again.

If that doesn't work you'll need proper diagnostic equipment to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
I wouldn't say it would, but I cant rule it out as definite no either, I'd say If it's a rear door issue I'd check to make sure it's locked, personally I'd check every door and the boot for peace of mind. You mentioned you tried reprogramming the key, I've done some googling and find alot stating you need to use 2 keys to program... Do you have a second key or the master key (1 with no buttons) if you do Google "seat leon key reprogramming" there's a vid "how to reprogram a vw seat Audi key" which is helpful. If you don't have a 2nd key it may need to be taken to a vag place to program which seems a ball ache to me.

Dec 22, 2020
Yeah, I used the two keys like the videos on YouTube. The interior light doesn’t work, saw a video on YouTube saying it might be related.
Replaced the fob batteries and tried reprogramming...again no luck.

checked to see all the doors are locked and they are. The button inside to unlock the doors intermittently doesn’t unlock the rear two doors either.
Do I take it to a mechanic or some sort of locksmith?

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Mechanic/auto electrician. You said you just bought it, private or Dealership cus I'd be more inclined to take back to them and say sort it. If its private he may sort of shafted you cus I feel this will cost you a decent bit for diagnostics and eliminating possibilities. It would be nice for someone to tell you I had that problem and it was this etc.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi I had the same problem last year spent ages looking online for a cheap fix and tried everything online to recode the key nothing worked. I called a car locksmith to take a look he proved the system worked on the car and it was my key fob unlock button broken even tho it flashed bright red using the buttons it wouldn’t unlock the car. He charged me £130 to redo me a new fob and code it. Worth every penny.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.