Change to LED lights

jb79

Hey everyone

I just have a quick question, my mk3 leon has they standard headlamps but just wondering if I was to get the LED ones would they work, as in would I need a different wiring loom?

Thanks

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
I had the dealer (and an independent place) check that the other way, as I moved from the UK to the Netherlands and had to get different lights so as not to blind others (and at the rear because of the fog light). Figured I could save a lot by downgrading to normal lights instead of LED. Unfortunately it is NOT possible....

Eventually the replacement cost me 2650 euros altogether, including the work, all 4 corners.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Upgrading to led lights are easy, car must come with convenience pack not sure if due to light sensor,
cables need changing both side, so find a crashed leon with led as standard and cut the headlight cable off and attach it to yours and voila, if lights start flashing remove the battery and wait 20 minutes or more then plug it in and works fine.
cars equipped with range control and auto dim light switch/nigh driving mode needs something done on vcds I don't have vcds and don't know if will ever work on them cars, but it works on standard FR but coming home has vanished from the infotainment don't know why.
try at your own risk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise