Changed The Engine Around A little

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
today i put the engine back to standard, i took off the cone filter, removed the cold dv relocator kit , and replaced it back to its original position, when i went out in it, it felt stronger and the traction control light came on from a starting thrash as it never did before, you cannot hear the turbo as much now or the DV. it feels smoother now though but a little breathless,

(before)

I think the 007p DV needs a stiffer spring in it as you can hear a wshhhhhhh as you get up to speed, and i think this is letting off the boost, thus not causing my traction control light to come on.

later in the week ill replace the DV relocator and 007p and see how that goes,

any thoughts or the same happened to you?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Feel said:
Which cone filter did you have on again?

a cotton cone filter, brand new no make,

Feel said:
Hmmm, unless the wsshhh was a boost leak - which is probable

i think it may have been the DV letting the boost off to early, but the car is not chipped just standard. do you think i should uprate the spring to a yellow one,

fickel

Rotary Rocks
Dec 7, 2002
Yorkshire
supanet.com
I fit a

Pipercross cone filter to my LCR and ended up going back to the K &N panel in stock box.
IMO the cone took the edge off performance
Probably a lack of air. At least the stock box has a supply direct, even tho' its restrictive.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I looked back at the photo you posted - cone filter does look a little small compared to what green or jabba recommend?

If it's not doing it the wssshhhhh now, I would guess it's not the DV - assuming you've not touched the DV at all, just moved it.

I don't think you need to go for a stiffer spring, but perhaps you need to service and change the spring (after what Pabs said the other day).

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Feel said:
I looked back at the photo you posted - cone filter does look a little small compared to what green or jabba recommend?

If it's not doing it the wssshhhhh now, I would guess it's not the DV - assuming you've not touched the DV at all, just moved it.

I don't think you need to go for a stiffer spring, but perhaps you need to service and change the spring (after what Pabs said the other day).

its not doing the woosh now no, but i have the standard bosch dv back on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.