tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
what do i need to do

do i have to take the bumper off or can i get that grill out somehow

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
i disconnected the electrical plug, and the two water pipes, then sprayed it with WD40 (poked a small screw driver under the rubber straps to let the WD40 get right in) and left it a while.

it will then slide out of its mountings (with a bit of wiggling) toward the drivers wing

id connect the new one up before u fit it all... as i did this all the other day, fitted the new one, started my car and the new one was really loud and sounded like it was going to blow up!! im now waiting for another one to arrive so i can fit that :s

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Really??
Thats well kool!
I didnt know the ibiza has that and I havent put it in my polo! Hopefully should be ok without it, I leave the car running for awhile before I switch off.
Cheers for that!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i disconnected the electrical plug, and the two water pipes, then sprayed it with WD40 (poked a small screw driver under the rubber straps to let the WD40 get right in) and left it a while.

it will then slide out of its mountings (with a bit of wiggling) toward the drivers wing

id connect the new one up before u fit it all... as i did this all the other day, fitted the new one, started my car and the new one was really loud and sounded like it was going to blow up!! im now waiting for another one to arrive so i can fit that :s

where did you get yours from?

thinking of grtting mine from vag parts https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...nid=15477cc908ada29/shopdata/index.shopscript

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
i got mine from stealers

got it for trade price (about £83 i think)... i thought if it was faulty its much easier to go back to them, ratehr than mail order

glad i did as the first one i got was faulty!! :s

thats a pretty good price tho, only other option is a second hand one... which i wasnt keen on that seeing as they seem to fail pretty regularly

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise