Changing glow plugs - PD150

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Ive had an error message come up when VAG-coming my car (2005 Leon PD150 FR+) which has been diagnosed as the glow plug in cylinder 1 as faulty. Ive not even gone as far as removing my engine cover but dont mind having a go at changing these myself as long as it's no great job?

I didnt know if anyone culd tell me how to go about it or if there was an available guide?

Also... I would assume that if I am to change one heater plug I may as wel change them all at thew same time as they would come in a set?

Thnaks in advance!

John

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Haynes do have a MKIV Golf manual. Do a search though as there is info on here for it. I have to do the same job myself when I can be arsed!! Got the same code as the OP.

bhoyo!!

i just changed them other week there toke about 10 mins, pull engine cover off and take bolts out the bracket for pipe running along front engine then push it to side and unclip relay and unscrew plugs out and put new 1's in and prob get same problem i got with light coming back on with same problem which found out today from seat that it is a fault in some leon tdi they cant get rid of

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
i just changed them other week there toke about 10 mins, pull engine cover off and take bolts out the bracket for pipe running along front engine then push it to side and unclip relay and unscrew plugs out and put new 1's in and prob get same problem i got with light coming back on with same problem which found out today from seat that it is a fault in some leon tdi they cant get rid of

Oh buggery.... I hope I dont get that problem, order my plug and getting it tomorow so by monday im hoping to have the little light of doom on my dash go away which is the only thing about the problem that's annoying me. As already stated in this thread im not noticing any change in performance and it's starting up without any problems but then we're not into the cold months yet.

I topped up my water and scraped the prongs however and havent had the temp guage light flashing at me any more so that's hopefully cured!