Changing the Rear Indicators to LED

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Reactions: hamst

Tell

Staff member
1. No... it would use less electricity so better :). (Bulbs are good as early warning of a flat battery as the headlights dip as well to the indicators :))

2. The resistor / capacitor business comes in if you didn't have LEDs in already. The front are already LED which means you dont need to bother with the subject that people are preoccupied with on boards. It's already taken care off. Least that's my last thought when I was reading stuff on the top.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
1. No... it would use less electricity so better :). (Bulbs are good as early warning of a flat battery as the headlights dip as well to the indicators :))

2. The resistor / capacitor business comes in if you didn't have LEDs in already. The front are already LED which means you dont need to bother with the subject that people are preoccupied with on boards. It's already taken care off. Least that's my last thought when I was reading stuff on the top.

Thanks for your crystal clear explanation. I confirm that there is absolutely no difference and the car runs as good as day one.

Twed

Apr 1, 2020
Thanks for all the the info on this Tell. Just ordered a set to go in my FR Sport.

Obviously a cost saving move by Seat not putting LED's in or having integrated ones as the LEDs on the other half's Leon look great!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
They are pretty bright and give you the sharp on and off whilst filaments give you the lazy flash as the intensity drops slowly.

Seat were probably saving something back to put on the next edition like the bar light they hint at on the Tarraco but didnt provide at launch. Reckon it's more staging the designs than cost savings.

AT Designs, Custom Badge Design for forum members