Cheap Coilovers...

Tweedie

This question has probably been raised a thousand times but to be fairly honest with you i do not have the time to search as i am at work. I am looking to buy some coilovers and looking on eBay the first ones on the list were Jamex, cheap and cheerfull i am gathering. Are they any good?

Usually for this price they are not and i am unsure to take the risk for the £300 for the full kit they are asking...

Should i wait and buy better ones or does anyone here actually have them and recommend them for the Leon Cupra MK1??

:help:

Thanks

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I've seen Leon kits for around £200? Although those are the ones for cars where the ARB attaches to the suspension arm rather than the damper.

I am undecided whether to go for Jamex at the moment, I've had Jamex before on an old car and they totally transformed it. However, it was an old Cavalier, so a clicky biro spring and a sink plunger in a tube would have been an improvement over standard. I am starting to edge towards at least AP, as they are still what could be regarded as 'budget', but are better than the really cheap stuff.

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
I want it lower for the looks mainly as i wont be taking this on the tracks at all and it is used as a daily driver to and from work and the occasional drive out and about.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Why not get a shock/spring kit instead? If its a daily, you don't want it on the floor, and DPM do a weitec kit that drops 40/50mm for around £330 i believe?

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
The issue I have is that I am looking to put 18" wheels on it maybe later in the year so I need the flexability in raising it if I need to as I think the wheels I want are pretty wide but I am not giving any secrets away to which wheels I have seen just yet ;)

is it worth for a daily and just for cosmetic purposes getting a cheap coily kit??

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
The issue I have is that I am looking to put 18" wheels on it maybe later in the year so I need the flexability in raising it if I need to as I think the wheels I want are pretty wide but I am not giving any secrets away to which wheels I have seen just yet ;)

is it worth for a daily and just for cosmetic purposes getting a cheap coily kit??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.