Cheapest place for mufflerectomy and decat in Yorkshire area

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
Hey.

If I'm wanting the back box, middle box and cat removed and replaced with straight through pipe on my pd130 where is the cheapest place to go?

I'm from leeds but willing to travel around yorkshire!

Thanks

Apr 6, 2010
I use Hawley's in Sheffield hillsborough, charge £50 including vat and lifetime guarantee for decat

Apr 6, 2010
Yeah but am guessing they'll probably do you all 3 for about 120.. It's the only place I use as I've used exhaust uk before and they're prices are dear for what they offer

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
Cheers that's pretty reasonable considering the work to be done. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Anyone else know of any?

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Surely if you're getting just a straight through pipe, and welding/manufacturing company can do it? Just need the correct length welding in.

I know a guy that would do it if that's the case :)

Either way, when you get it done, call me, I want to see what it's like haha

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
Yeah but am guessing they'll probably do you all 3 for about 120.. It's the only place I use as I've used exhaust uk before and they're prices are dear for what they offer

They wanted £160 in the end for everything mate, you weren't tooooo far off!

I ended up going to a place that has just opened in Keighley called "MD exhausts", the guy knows his stuff and is really helpful :)

He wanted £120 for everything I wanted doing, decat, and removal of back and mid box being replaced with straight through pipe.

Very happy with the results but even better is I got £60 for my cat at a place in Leeds on the cross green industrial estate.

£60 for a decat and full mufflerectomy :D

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't worry about price! Any exhaust place shouldn't charge you a bomb! It's a bit of pipe and labour really :).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members