Chinese CD Players Pumpkin XTRONS ETC

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Hi Guy's,

The OEM CD player in my 06 Altea has just stopped ejecting the Cd's :confused::cry:

I'm looking at other options and would ideally like to keep it looking OEM and unfussy and wondered if anyone had any experience with a cheaper touch screen cd player like the pumpkin or XTRON and what they thought of them?

Also any other suggestions for up to £200 that require as little messing about as possible?

Thanks Guy's!

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
I have the Eonon GA5153F with facia + reverse camera. Easy to install - direct replacement. Reverse camera needed a relay as there wasn't enough current for it from the reverse light (CANBUS current modulation) but was pretty easy.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Thanks Guys, what model Altea do you have and did you have to do anything to the Canbus to get it working?

Any links to what you bought or who from and any extra leads etc you needed would be much appreciated!!

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
Altea XL 08 .....Mine was a straight swap. No extra cables - all adapters were included. Only extra I needed was a 4 pin relay for the reverse camera wired as follows

PIN-87 - Connect this terminal to a permanent positive live - A good 12V Feed. Connect an inline fuse, 5 amp should be fine.
PIN-85 - This goes to Earth or Body
PIN-30 - Connect to the Live of your Camera - 12V supply fed from PIN-87 (Switched)
PIN-86 - +12Volt Feed, (This is connected to the Positive side of your reversing lamp - In most new cars the power is way lower than required to support your camera, therefore we can use this 3V, or 5V as a trigger.

Works with the SEAT CANBUS - shows open doors, seat belt fastened, handbrake on/off etc engine revs, fuel in tank (in litres) RPM, Odometer reading (in Km) etc in the Vehicle app which is included.

I have the small red MFD - in case that matters.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Hi Robbo,

Mine is an 06 and as I understand it has a slightly more dated canbus. Really like the look of yours and the one above just really worried about the Canbus as I don't have a VCDS to recode it?

What stereo did you swap out of yours to fit the new one in? Mine is the original CD Blaupunkt unit?

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
I had the original SEAT (Blaupunkt) SE359 RHD MP3 S AUX as shown dndservices.co.uk/seat-se-359-rhd-mp3-s-aux-bvx.html

Last edited:

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Ok Great thanks Robbo, similar to mine but I have the none Aux one. Shouldn't make a difference. Think my only concern is how suited to my Canbus your stereo is as I've read about Battery drain etc.

Have you had any issues with your new one at all?

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
No - as I read people got Customs Tax bills for between £70-90 - I got mine from Southall, London - cost £30 more than the imports - but I thought it best be safe than sorry lol

Product code 301776389152 in ebay

Also - not sure what colour your dash is - but I have a Silver surround - I ordered it by mistake....mine is Gun Metal Grey (managed to get a black one that I prefer) - you can have it

Last edited:

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Mine is the silvery colour will post up a picture later. If I do go for the same one I will buy that off you!

Thanks for your help! Where abouts are you based?

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
I'm near Liverpool - I see you're in Wallington - had friends living there - off Redford Ave - but they've moved to Biggin Hill now - only came back from there Monday lol

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
That's just round the corner really, Biggin Hill isn't that far either! Will keep you posted on the surround but would be nice to take that off your hands if its what I go with!

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Great thanks a lot! At least let know how much postage comes to and I'll send you a PayPal! Shall I pm you my address?

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
Hi Robbo,

Got the head unit in plug and play and will be following your reverse camera guide. Appreciate your help hope I can repay it soon!

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
Let me know where you find a good 12v power source...... with having the XL I used the 12v accessory socket in the boot (wired to a 12v plug).....was only supposed to be a temporary measure lol

How are you finding the stereo?