Chippenham motors

mattleon

Chippenham Seat

Just had my first service at Chippenham. I got home to find one of my wheels has been Kerbed !!! :wtf: My car has never been within 4 inches of a kerb until this morning.

I called them as soon as I realised, the first guy suggested I did it on the way home but then put me through to someone else who said the Service manager will call me back.

My wife has always had her Citroen serviced there without problem, apart from the fact that we always have to ask them to stamp the book, which incidentally I had to ask for again today. I hope they resolve this for me as we are short of good dealers in the Swindon area, the Swindon one is an absolute joke, they couldn't even tell me what Oil to buy last time I was there !!!

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattleon

That's awful. I dont think they have driven my car far from the place but parking is quite restricted there so they may of had to move it around a bit. I guess it could have happened getting on or of the ramp aswell.

One thing I will say about CMC is that there sales manager is a guy called Andy, and although I did not buy from them in the end he, was a pleasure to deal with and had a fresh approach ( Different league to Swindon ). Its a shame he is let down by the servicing.

I will let you know how I get on with the service manager.

My dilema now is where to go next time, It won't be Swindon !!! Where do you take yours ?

Matt

Patrick_LCR

I have a few mates in service and parts up there so if i need any parts i will get from them, but when it needs works on the car iam going to go else where, my car is due for a service in 2000 miles, was going to take it to Swindon but have heard bad stories, think i may go down to Congesbury near Weston super mare for them to do it. I know its a bit of distance from Chippenham but hopefully alot better service and my car will get looked after.

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
What about motor services behind Volvo? They have only recently opened maybe they would be more interested in doing a decent job? (no I haven't taken my car there).

mattleon

Dave want to stick to Seat Dealers to keep my warranty.

Been looking on the Seat dealer locator, If they don't sort the wheel out I rekon I might try newbury next time. I can't afford wheel refurbs due to the incompetance of others. Also I will have to find somewhere else for the wifes Citroen as well.

Matt

mattleon

I Went back and met the service manager today, he agreed the damage looked fresh and said he would refurb the wheel without question. So prehaps they aren't so bad I can't grumble at all now.

However I made the mistake of taking the wife. We now have a shiny new red c2 VTS. Traded in the VTR as warrenty is almost up. They are seriously cheap at the moment £2200 cash back on the car plus £700 cash back on the trade in. Our repayments are lower than before plus we have aircon, ESP and 125BHP.

I can't wait to see how it compares to the Leon :D

Matt

chippenhamwilts

Mar 31, 2007
Chippenham motor company are worse than useless, dont kid yourself. I have had 2 citreons (bought one from them) and had both serviced there for convenience. One car got dented and they denied all knowledge. The sales teams are con artists (and a friend who bought the 107 will vouch for that). No interest in customer service what so ever. I have a touran at the moment and will be getting my leon FR TDI soon as well. The touran always goes to chippenham motor services and the Leon will be to. They are franchised VW, Audi, Skoda & Ford.

As for warranty, as long as you can prove your car has been correctly serviced, the warranty has to be honoured, in fact the guys at CMS would probably be able to sort it anyway, they have been really good with my Touran.

Fat_Tony

mattleon,

Thanks for your positive comments regarding my sales manager Andy. Just to let you know that Andy is now the Sales Manager for Bristol SEAT
(opening soon)
99-101 Feeder Road, Bristol, BS2 2UB Tel: 0117 971 0617

Tony

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
when is that dealer opening? its a bit of a trek to congresbury or chippenham everytime something needs doing! Cant believe a city the size of bristol has no dealer!

Fat_Tony

A situation update on Bristol SEAT

Used Car Sales hopefully this week ( 20 various models due )

Service Department Mid January

New Car Sales February 2008

Tony

llamafarmer

I went for a test drive on a used Leon FR in Chippenham a few weeks ago and I got some really hard sell that I thought was pretty crap from a Seat dealer. Before I'd even got in the car the woman there was trying to sell me Autobrite for it :lol: It only went downhill from there too.

Really crap compared to the excellent service I had in Exeter recently.

mattleon

Llamafarmer, I'de give Andy a call in Bristol he was the man. Very freindly, he tossed me the keys to a Cupra R and said "Ive filled it up for you take it for a good run". I didn't buy from them as I found a dealer up north that would give me £1000 more for my trade in. I felt so bad that he lost the sale that I took him a case of beer and some choccies, I also told him it would be serviced with them so they would get the money. However I am undecided on the servicing had one wheel kerbed although they did repair it, also had a very expensive repair made on one of my cars and it was returned uncleaned with oily finger marks on the gearnob stearing wheel an bonet. Needless to say much as I love my Leon I have just done a very very good deal with Chippenham Motors Ford on the new Focus ST3, tallking thousands of list price and a higher trade in on the Leon than anywhere else would offer. IMHO I wouldn't bother with Swindon they are a waste of time, rude and incompetant says it all.

llamafarmer

Cheers Matt, I've moved towards an Ibiza FR now and that's what I'm on the look out for, so I'll see what they've got over at Bristol.

mattleon

It's that time of year where they want too sell to you, have a look about on the web and get the best deal you can find, I'de try http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk or www.directseat.co.uk get the best quote and politely ask the main dealer you choose to better it, thats what I did with the ST3 and to my amazement it worked. Bare in mind if Bristol is a new setup they may not be able to, as they may not have any Manufacturers bonus to eat into yet. Good luck !!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.