Chris's MK2 Cupra R

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks!

It was £480 in total, my wheels were pretty scraped so yeah complete acid dip and respray. I guess there's always going to be a day where you think ahhhh I don't like it anymore! Lol
That's not bad, was it leave the car with them for a few days and then come back to see the magic haha

Yeah I've had it 2 years now so I'm at that point and black is proper hard to keep clean lol

The centre caps could look good black if you didn't want to colour match...

Also I assume you've done the cam follower as I see you're getting a list together lol

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
That's not bad, was it leave the car with them for a few days and then come back to see the magic haha

Yeah I've had it 2 years now so I'm at that point and black is proper hard to keep clean lol

The centre caps could look good black if you didn't want to colour match...

Also I assume you've done the cam follower as I see you're getting a list together lol

Took them about a day and a half, that's possibly quicker than usual cos of the circumstances we're all in. The refurb place said that due to the nature of powder coating, it should be easy to clean now it's been redone, advised just a warm soapy soak should be enough to clean them on a regular basis. Yeah black wouldn't look too bad, it'll go with the dark bolt holes - think I might stick with colour match though. Cam follower was more or less my first job, I've seen a fair bit about them online.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Whilst I was replacing my timing belt and all the other bits that go with it, I thought I'd try out the Powerflex engine mount inserts. My main reason for buying these was because under hard acceleration my REVO intake would scrape on a bracket that was fixed into the bulkhead behind it. Between the intake pipe and the bracket was probably about a 20-30mm or so gap, so this showed how far the engine rocked back and forth when putting pedal to the metal, it was also a chance to see what the Powerflex products were like to use.

I ordered the two main engine mount inserts (LH and RH) and the two that go in the torque arm/dog bone mount between the transmission housing and the chassis.

As you'd expect these inserts are fairly difficult to push into the voids within the mounts/brackets, no special tools were needed though, just lots of pushing and the supplied grease!

RH engine mount
20200722_095615.jpg

LH transmission mount
20200723_162541.jpg

Dog bone/transmission to chassis mount, small bush and lower engine mount insert (Purple parts)
20200723_203009.jpg

My initial thoughts were, after I had finished my timing belt renewal and switched the engine on, was "Oh **** I haven't bolted/fixed/tighten/timed something properly" the NVH (Noise vibration and harshness) was definitely increased! The cabin noise is quite a significant increase over the normal bushes, as to be expected and warned by Powerflex anyway! Probably doesn't help that my exhaust isn't standard either. Once the engine has warmed up and the idle speed settles a bit the cabin noise returns to normal-ish levels. To really feel the difference of the stiffer bushes you need take your car for a fast drive, the power delivery does feel more direct, to some this is probably obvious but it's my first time and wanted to share my thoughts. Pulling away from being stationary and reversing I find does vibrate the cabin as well. Overall, I hope this reduces the risk of the intake rubbing against this bracket, these bushes do make a difference where they are designed to make a difference, as mentioned, power delivery feels more direct and a small increase in responsiveness, not a bad mod for money.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise