charge pipes
any tanks you have (catch tank etc etc)
strut brace
alternator if your feeling brave and you can dismantle/get dismantled

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
not going full bling the rocker inlet are in black powdercoat the strut silver, but like the suggestion of charge pipe and maybe intercooler pipes, um i dont know how to do the alernator so would give tha a miss

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
the alernator should be easy to do, take it off, take it to a auto electrician, get them to stip it down take the cage off have the cage chromed and have them rebuilt, they shouldnt charge you anymore than 40quid, as thats what they charge to re-furbish one, which means they have to strip it down first, and re-build it,

little things like that make the difference, im tempted to have all my bits chromed instead of polished, i would also get the bonnet catch done, inlet mani bracket, (around the dipstick)

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
ive got a spare bonnet catch here but dont know if it will work might have a go anyhow, and also have spare alternator here too so that may be worth a shot

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
ye the bonnet catch will def work there was a company selling them in ultimate dubs for golfs but same concept,

alernator should be quite easy to take apart i guess, but id have it rebuilt by a spark just incase"

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
i see just i worry cos ours is riveted together with a big rivet type thing i worry that it wont be able to be done, the alternator im taking up to an auto electricians tommorrow,

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
should be able to sand the top of the rivet off and tap it through with a punch and re rivet shouldnt be too hard to do, jus out of intrest how much is the chromeing going to cost u?

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
not hugely expensive i have to go in to the place for cash offer ill mail you tommorow evening when i find out ill try strip the spare alternator today, and maybe the catch,

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
stripped the alternator today not for the faint hearted found the spare ones casing was cracket so i was less than nice to it removing it but now i know how to dismantle its still not easy its a nightmare to do best left for the pro's

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members