Chrome Tail Pipes & Mudflaps

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
All done now mate.

A friend and I stripped off the entire front bumper, dropped out both units, changed all the bulbs and put it all back together.

We even changed the rear number plate lights for LED units.

It is looking well sweet. :)

Now if only my interior LED light kit had arrived in the advertised three working days, that would also have been done and dusted.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
I've only fitted the front ones - rear ones the holes don't match and I need to remove the rear wheels to see exactly where I can put new holes into the arch liner.

The shape around the body is fine though I think I need a bit of trimming on the inside front edge to prevent it becoming a dirt/rust trap.

Hi RichL , did you manage to sort the rear mudflaps, I'm looking at those ones on eBay too. The description says they are a direct fit so that's quite frustrating that they aren't!

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Mr B
I have fitted same mud flaps as Rich, front are two torx screws which hold the arch liner in place offer up mud flap and screw in place.
I cut some furniture pads down & fitted the to the inside of the mud flap to stop rubbing the paint work. The rears as Rich says you will need to remove the wheels as one of the holes doesn't match, I re-drilled a new hole at the top of the mud flap & through the arch liner these are the clips I used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIRE-CLIPS-CAR-SPEAKER-DOOR-PANEL-FITTING-U-CLIPS-/360986746926?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item540c7ca02e
Hope this helps
Paul

Last edited:

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
Hi RichL , did you manage to sort the rear mudflaps, I'm looking at those ones on eBay too. The description says they are a direct fit so that's quite frustrating that they aren't!

No haven't had the chance yet - work blah blah DIY blah blah excuses for being lazy blah blah...gets worse when I think I found time to fit the RS4 rear anti-roll bar and DTUK go-faster box... :redface:

I have noticed the supplied screws for the front mudflaps have a coating of rust after the first hint of moisture in the air so a swap for something slightly more corrosion resistant might be in order.

TomGW

Mar 7, 2014
I've just bought these at £40 for a full set of OEM Audi flaps. It may be worth checking if this garage has any more. Well chuffed as the local Seat 'stealer' had quoted £106 for a full set.
Ebay item: 151576908307

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
I've just bought these at £40 for a full set of OEM Audi flaps. It may be worth checking if this garage has any more. Well chuffed as the local Seat 'stealer' had quoted £106 for a full set.

If they fit and are the genuine article not China specials you've bagged a bargain!
Still havent got around to fitting my rear flaps - too damn cold and miserable to work outside recently.

TomGW

Mar 7, 2014
If they fit and are the genuine article not China specials you've bagged a bargain!
Still havent got around to fitting my rear flaps - too damn cold and miserable to work outside recently.

They are the genuine article alright. They arrived yesterday, boxed as two separate pairs in VAG boxes with all the clips etc. I haven't put them on yet but I've held them up against the car and they are 100% correct. For some curious reason Audi do not list any mudflap for the B7 S Line although the standard flap fits perfectly. I think the non-S Line has an extra screw already in the underside of the sill, that the S Line doesn't, but I bought my 2007 S Line new, fitted with the standard flaps by the Audi dealer.

TPS sent the wrong bushes for the RS4 ARB, despite me giving them the correct part number. Now sorted with the correct bushes and brackets so next week booked with my indie for fitting the Eiback Pro Kit, ARB and mudflaps.

Under bonnet scuttle covers now fitted, so that will do for a while.....unless anyone knows whether an S Line rear valance would fit the Exeo bumper???

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts

Lucky lucky! You definitely picked up a bargain there. Spare parts pricing is so annoying as everything seemed to go up 40% last Spring.

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I got those mud flaps too, and had my local independant garage fit them while doing a service. They are a perfect fit, and the garage said they went straight on without any trouble :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.