Chrome trim on dash no longer?

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Just read Auto Express test of RHD ST Cupra and the chrome trim on the dash/steering wheel/ DSG lever surround appears to have disappeared in favour of black trim - see photo:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm199/Famandy1/full dash_zpsugeb9etm.jpg

Compared with the shot I took at Geneva MS at the beginning of March - excuse poor framing:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm199/Famandy1/LHD Dash Chrome trim Geneva_zpsd6ylebgo.jpg

Anyone else noticed this - is it part of the 2016 MY changes perhaps?

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
The 64 plate courtesy car I had a couple of months back had black trim rather than the metallic effect. I assumed it was just a choice :think:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
i think it depended on the target market. most of the reviews i'd watched had the chrome trim. mine doesn't and neither does it have the metal footrest next to the brake pedal also unlike other's i'd seen :(

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Seats and Trim availability in the UK spec list says:

Chrome interior dashboard detailing: Cupra 265 - Standard, Cupra 280 - Not available
Black interior dashboard detailing: [the reverse of the above]

while looking i noticed a 12v power supply in the boot is listed as standard for the 280 but i've not found it yet. there is a (1) next to the feature indicating "Leon ST only" but the catalogue is the previous one, before the ST Cupra became available. should i file it under the "specifications subject to change" clause?

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Hi Jim

Yes the ST definitely has a 12V socket in the boot, but not sure the 5 dr or SC do, though may get this as part of MY2016 changes including the variable floor and rear armrest?

Cheers Andy

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
Yes the ST definitely has a 12V socket in the boot, but not sure the 5 dr or SC do, though may get this as part of MY2016 changes including the variable floor and rear armrest?

hi andy, thanks yea i've seen one on the ST but couldn't find the 'standard' feature in the boot of mine. hoped it would be there a couple weekends ago when i wanted to power the warning strobe lights. a little annoying when i've owned far cheaper, lower specced car's with them fitted.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.