Clarification on Volume Settings

brentnall

Apr 29, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Right then guys and gals, hoping you can help me decipher this.

In the volume setup menu we have two options which the manual provides very little information.
These are Volume Adjustment and Audio Lowering.

volume_setup.jpg

As you can see below, neither of these exist in the English version of the manual (I assume these are due to the usual communication failures between the translation dept and the programmers of the media system)

vol_settings_manual.jpg

Now if we go ahead and assume that "Volume Adjustment" corresponds to "Volume according to speed" in the manual and "Audio Lowering" is actually "Reduce volume" in the manual then what the hell is OPS, and how is is enabled and disabled???

I'm going to play around with the Volume Adjustment option to see if this really does adjust "Volume according to speed", however some clarification on what Audio Lowering does would be really helpful.
Can anyone shed any light on the above mess?

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
I too am interested in this.
Picked up my FR with SSS on Friday and no matter how much I have tried, the system seems to adjust the sound level on the bass (lower and then higher) all the time.. However, when testing at a standstill I do not get this.

brentnall

Apr 29, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
the system seems to adjust the sound level on the bass (lower and then higher) all the time.

Have a read through this thread;
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=408997&highlight=sound+pack
Its the stereo protecting itself for any distortion, you can't turn the volume really loud if the bass on the song is too high.

Ive found that if you keep the sub volume set to +1 or +2 rather than +8 (and instead compensate by turning up the bass in the EQ settings) that you can get quite a bit out of the sub without it protecting itself at higher volumes.

Not ideal of course, especially when we paid extra for the sub in the first place... but its better than the weird protective auto volume leveling that goes on at high volumes otherwise

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members