Cleaning Candy White Cars

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Right, finally had a go on sunday. Quite pleased with the results. Here are some pictures:D

The weather wasnt fantastic so its pretty glum.

3c65f919.jpg

e9fa1675.jpg

2e904739.jpg

8543a674.jpg

38851b43.jpg

3af40d50.jpg

69c25ceb.jpg

matty316

Apr 30, 2012
Grimsby
I must agree that Werkstat Acrylic kit is brilliant. I got mine from Polished Bliss, could spend all day looking at there stock haha.

Dura Gloss shampoo if you can get it or Autosmart DUET ,Clay Bilt Hamber water lubricated also TARDIS Tar Remover

One of the best is Werkstat Acrylic Kit (Google) around £60.00 for kit easy to use cleans shines and protects and very good.

At the moment I am using Autoglym Super Resin Polish (new formula) topped with Blacklight and V7. Looks well glassy. All available on line.

I have piles of wax to choose from but have gone back to the synthectic products as some waxs put a warm glow on the white albeit Vics concours wax is one of my favourites as is Harly Wax one of the cheapest but is awesome and a clear wax also.

figolovechild

Leon FR CR 170TDI
Sep 12, 2011
Glenrothes
Looks good. Anyone have any idea on how to clean the tail pipes? Mines are covered in soot but cleaning with shampoo does nothing. If I used steel wool will this damage them?

scotty026

May 10, 2012
West Lothian, scotland
Looks good. Anyone have any idea on how to clean the tail pipes? Mines are covered in soot but cleaning with shampoo does nothing. If I used steel wool will this damage them?

WD40, kitchen oven cleaner or alloy cleaner then some Crome shine cleaner (brassoff) I used this on my old VRS tailpipe and works a treat

Edit: wd-40 cleaning video on YouTube

Last edited:

Ryanoceros

Mar 12, 2012
Newcastle
Just jet washed mine then drove it home and give it a quick wash and wax...I say quick about an hour and a half
I can still see loads of black spots in the paintwork
What's best for getting rid of them for the next time I do it.

mikeypur

Nov 18, 2009
Tardis is pretty good stuff for removing tar spots mate, be careful though as this will also remove any layers of wax/sealant that you already have on your car aka will need to wax/seal afterwards..

Efficient at the tar spots though and can be picked up from various detailing websites

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Gave my candy white Leon it's first ever wash, polish,wax today.

I used Autoglym super resin polish, Autoglym extra gloss protection and Autoglym HD wax.

The results are very good indeed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members