Climate control issue

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hey guys.

I have searched so be nice! :D

Right, when I go out to my car in the morning and turn the ignition/engine on, every single light on my climate comes on and they all flash on and off. I'd imagine they do this for about 10-15 seconds and then it goes to normal showing your temperatures and the little man.

If you press a button on turn the fan/temperature knob whilst it's flashing, it also stops it.

Why is it doing it? It never used to. I hope it's not on it's way out cos I've heard they aren't cheap. Everything still works....but it just flashes.

Cheers

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Thanks for the help guys....that's what my old man said it could be....the thing is i hardly ever use the air con as i have my window open all temperatures! I had it on last night in the rain to stop my windows steaming up and it all seemed to be working alright. you could tell it was workingg....i'll go have a look at the book now.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
the CC should be used as often as possable, people who don't use it much get lots of problems where as people that have it on all the time tend to get very few problems at all

yours is probably low on gas, if left it may well shut down all together

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
The flashing means a fault is registered. Its not necassarily re-gas, could be anything. Is your pump actually turning?

Mine also flashes, because my evaporator outlet temperature sensor has failed which in turn means that the air con pump won't kick in

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
The flashing means a fault is registered. Its not necassarily re-gas, could be anything. Is your pump actually turning?

Mine also flashes, because my evaporator outlet temperature sensor has failed which in turn means that the air con pump won't kick in

As far as i know it is! Everythings working. The air con still works....:confused:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Happening to mine, was regassed back in March and a UV dye put in to detect for leaks. No leak has been detected, but a sporadic fault came up on some switch/sensor, can't remember which one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members