Climate control packed in

Turbo Lemon

Jun 4, 2005
Kent/S.E. London
On sunday, the air con was working fine in the afternoon. Got back in it in the evening, and got no cold air whatsoever.

I hooked the car up to a VAG-COM unit and it displayed an engine coolant sensor fault.
I replaced the sensor with a newer green one and cleared the fault code. There are now no faults showing on the car.

When I switch the climate control on, the revs dip momentarily - which to me suggests that the compressor is kicking in. I've had the gas level checked, and it is ok.

I had been playing with the display on the CC unit, as by default it was reading in degrees F. I managed to get it to show degrees C, but during my playing I had some very low numbers, such as 0.5, 1.0 etc show on the display in small text size. Is it possible that I've messed the system up by playing with the buttons?
Is there any way of doing a factory reset of the CC system?

If anyone can think of any assistance they could offer, I'd be very grateful. :confused:

gbjbacb5

Where is the switch you replaced

Think I've got the same problem - air con packed in - great timing - only 30deb outside! VAG-COM shows me an error on the sensor, so before I pay big bucks at the dealer to get it fixed, thought I'd replace the sensor, as long I don't have to take the dash out! Where is the sensor?

Thanks a lot
Col[:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.