Clocks stopped working !!!

greck999

SLOW work in progress....
Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Got into my LCR today and went to start it up and noticed there were no diagnostic lights on the dash which i thought was strange !!!!:blink:
Then i fired it up and noticed the rev counter, fuel gauge, water temp and then drove and noticed the speedo had stopped working also !!!:(
It still lights up red and there is a light when headlights are on also indicators work and mileage, trip computer still works...
I've tried searching to no avail.. Hope u can help guys:confused:

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Think so. Going out now so will double check and let u know later. Dont know if the units themselves r prone to failing or not. Hope its an easy fix, if not i still have 3 months warranty left that might cover a total replacement.....:shrug:

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Is there a fuse for the dials themselves, i only thought the fuses were for illumination or am i mistaken !!!! I've doubled checked the trip and that still works. Also noticed the lights left on buzzer has stopped working also !!!!!:cry:

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Had a mess with the fuses and took one of the 5 amp fuses marked for the dash then turned ignition back on and it started working for 2 secs then went off again. Ive no idea wots going on.....

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
I dont know if i'm convinced its the fuse.. Thing is when i put fuse back in its still the same even though both dash fuses r sound. Could the fuse be labelled as something else, not related to dash as i've got no diagnostic checks when ignition is turned on. Would vag-com help with something like this ?:(

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Thanks for the reply Lee, strangely the clocks have started to work again but i have an airbag light on !!!!!!!!!! Is there any way i disturbed something when i had to take the fuse panel out to get to the light switch to wire in my gauges. Everything seemed fine for a good month or so afterwards. Will vag-com get rid of the light does anyone know ?:confused:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You get the air bag light on when you remove the clocks from the dash.
I think you have a faulty connector on the rear of the dash, mine as Two.
Yeah you can clear it with vag com.

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
i have same kinda problem. everytime i go over a bump all my dash resets. clocks/dials/time etc... they all go back to zero then they shoot back up again to normal. obv a loose connection somewhere but had the dials out and all seems tight. really annoying but cant seem to fix it :(. might try taking some key riings off tho now i have read that it could be the barrel. will let you know how it goes

greck999

Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
The problem with the clocks just sorted itself out for some strange reason. Just got a good friend of mine;) to clear my vag-com so the airbag light went off and i've had no probs since. Fingers crossed it doesnt happen again. Wierd !!!!:confused:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise