CLunking sound?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right i fitted my coilovers around a weekago...And there spot on...but i raised the hight a few days ago and on turnin at low speeds like 5-10mph get a cluckin sound on fullish lock...

Ones does it once tho..and u can feel it through the car any ideas?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Forget copper grease that will eat away the rubber. White grease you need.

Have you fitted your top mount bearings when you fitted your coilovers?

DSC00042.jpg

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Have you had it all properly set up with a 4 wheel laser setup? I found that mine cloked abit when turning but once properly setup it was no more!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Obvioulsy remove you top mount bearings and get these greased up, but if the clonkings still there after get it setup properly and go from there.

When i took mine to the garage they thought i had fitted somthing wrong, but once setup ive had no more problems.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Forget copper grease that will eat away the rubber. White grease you need.

Have you fitted your top mount bearings when you fitted your coilovers?

DSC00042.jpg

To bring up an old thread which is relevant to me at the moment as I just fitted my coilovers last weekend. I am also getting the clunking sound, however didn't fit grease on the top bearing, so should be that.

but question about this picture phil, that top bearing is the OEM one which is far too big as the new springs on the coilovers are far skinier in diameter. So what do I need?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
The clucking sound will more than likly be the fact it hasnt been fully aligned yet as mine did the same when gressed up but not aligned.

If there the correct coilovers the top mount should fit with out any problems, shouldnt need anything out of the ordinary.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
But benny in the pic, the black disc on top of the spring (the bearing) looks like the OEM one that was on the springs I took off the car. Now that bearing will never fit on my coilovers, as those springs are much narrower in diameter...

MrNailer

Oct 19, 2008
Ahhh i fitted my coilovers monday and it seems u have wrong ones as the top of that coilover is for back!!!! back coilovers heave those helper springs thats u see at button my front ones and slightly bigger springs and No helper spring! britter sure its same for all.

what make are they as mine was jamex?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
they are from a brand here in holland.

however it shouldn;t make a difference, because some sets come with both. I remember someone posting a pic here with both springs asking which to use and the answer was the small ones IIRC.

So I need a smaller topmount bearing...

like the ones posted in the guides I think

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.