Cluster backlight and indicators problem

Sep 13, 2022
Hello! I’ve got problems with my cluster. First of all it was changed 1.5 year ago cus old one was broken(stopped working completly). When mechanic put new one from this moment my cluster backlight was always ON i didn’t need to turn lights on to light it. It wasn’t problem for me, but now I lost 2 indicators (headlights and low fuel level) I’ve tried soldering new leds but it didn’t help. Then I decided to buy another cluster AND PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. No headlights and low fuel level indicators also backlight is still ON without lights turned on :( What’s the problem?

Thank you.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I don't know if this will help, but on my Leon, the cluster is always backlit as long as the ignition is turned on or the engine is running, so don't worry about that for the moment.

Have you checked the fuses? I might be wrong, but I've heard that the warning lights might be on a different fuse from the rest of the dashboard, so that might be your problem.

Sep 13, 2022
I don't know if this will help, but on my Leon, the cluster is always backlit as long as the ignition is turned on or the engine is running, so don't worry about that for the moment.

Have you checked the fuses? I might be wrong, but I've heard that the warning lights might be on a different fuse from the rest of the dashboard, so that might be your problem.
Thank you for reply.
Good then I was worried about this because it wasn’t like that before changing :D

Yes I’ve checked all fuses and everything is ok :|

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thank you for reply.
Good then I was worried about this because it wasn’t like that before changing :D

Yes I’ve checked all fuses and everything is ok :|

I'm getting out of my area of expertise a bit now, but there are some other fuses in hard to reach places. Some are under the dash, so you'd have to take the trim under the steering column off (just three Torx screws) and check there, and some others under the windscreen scuttle.

Both are a pain though, so it's worth having a look at what those fuses do first. They're pretty big ones.

At the very least, you've eliminated the cluster as the source of the problem...!

If you can, it would also be worth plugging in a code reader. Keep in mind though that a lot of code issues people start replacing components for are actually fuse or electrical issues. That's what comes up a lot on the Ross Tech forums anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.